John&April

filipinafianceevisa.com < has anybody used this service before? Are they Legit?

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Considering how much money you give them, they are not supposed to cause you to get an RFE on basic mandatory stuff needed to file out the i-129 like Letter of intent to marry etc. At least when you do it yourself you've got yourself to blame. If a lawyer messes up you just end up paying more.

Not necessarily. At easyfiancevisa.com they guarantee your fiance to get their K-1 Visa or your money back (sans government fees of course).

I really don't understand why people use a lawyer or a service unless they have an issue like criminal record, or other problems.

The visa forms really don't take that long, I think we did the i129F (the big one) in around 2 or 3 hours. It was getting all the documents together that took the time, itemizing all the trips I'd done to the US with boarding cards and passport stamps etc. We'd need to do that for a visa service/lawyer too. Filling the form is the easy part. Don't be intimidated, just work through it and you'll find its easy, in plain English and really not that bad.

We didn't choose to do it ourselves for financial reasons - we're both in good jobs with savings, and we're both busy with work too (I run a company). I just think it would have taken longer to gather all the evidence, tell the lawyer all the info they'd need (birthdays, parents names, dates of birth etc) than do it ourselves. I think we saved TIME and money. We've also gained an understanding of the immigration system, so that we can advise and help others.

The other thing that took a long time was filling in the DS160 prior to interview - it asked for EVERY trip I'd ever made to the USA - I'm 43, I've been going there since I was 5 years old, and lived there for a while in the 90s. That's a lot of trips - spent an afternoon going through my mum's diaries with her, and all our old passports. That took more time than the rest of the process combined - again, its not something a lawyer could have helped with.

Edited by Limey

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I really don't understand why people use a lawyer or a service unless they have an issue like criminal record, or other problems...

Well some people, like myself, wanted peace of mind and assurance that the paperwork was done correctly and submitted properly. The K-1 Process is difficult enough without having to deal with the hoops the USCIS makes you jump through in order to be with the one you love.

Timeline

Considering how much money you give them, they are not supposed to cause you to get an RFE on basic mandatory stuff needed to file out the i-129 like Letter of intent to marry etc. At least when you do it yourself you've got yourself to blame. If a lawyer messes up you just end up paying more.

Considering how much we pay doctors to keep us healthy or alive during an operation, you would think they should not make mistakes either, but they do. I'm not against people doing it themselves, but if one has an option to use a service to get peace of mind, who are we to say it is a waste of money?

For some people, like myself, I found that using a visa service was the best thing since sliced bread. It was 1/3rd the cost of a lawyer, gave us both peace of mind and assurance, and a guaranteed visa or our money back. What was not to like?

Timeline

Of course there will be a higher number of RFE from members who have done it themselves compare to those that have hire a lawyer ,as there are more people on here that choose to do DIY. To get a proper comparison you will need to compare the percentage of RFE for DYI to RFE of those using a lawyer or visa service

If the K-1/AOS process was so easy, than no one should ever get an RFE by DIY, yes? But yet they do. So if we had to guess, DIY is probably why visa/lawyer services were created, because there's so many RFE's as a result of not doing that super easy paper work. ;)

Filed: Timeline

Good luck OP, because it's a waiting game whichever you path you choose. There really is no "right" way to do this, but your choice.

FWIW, I did the petition myself not due to the saving money but rather to understand the process. Fortunately for us, we've been lucky to not run into any problems during the K1 process.

If the K-1/AOS process was so easy, than no one should ever get an RFE by DIY, yes? But yet they do. So if we had to guess, DIY is probably why visa/lawyer services were created, because there's so many RFE's as a result of not doing that super easy paper work. ;)

People have also gotten RFE while using a lawyer too. IN my case I got a RFE for not submitting the NSO copy of the marriage certificate. I am pretty sure if I would of use a lawyer or a visa service. I am almost certain I would of still gotten the same RFE. As before only the NVC require the NSO copy. You could send in the LCR copy to the USCIS. Actually it seems like the Nebraska service center is only one requesting the NSO copy

I do agree if a person feel they need or want to use a lawyer to give peace of mind then they should

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.