Locket33

Please help I made a big mistake

16 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I got a RFE a few weeks ago for our AOS package and it was asking for joint sponsors form and supporting documents. I added the joint sponsors form and all the documents but the tax transcript because I was stupid enough to think transcript and tax returns are the same thing. I sent the joint sponsors last 3 years of tax returns but no transcript. Am I going to get denial because of this? I am worried as sick. Should I try to send the transcript or wait for denial. Please help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

A copy of the complete tax return with all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s, OR an IRS tax transcript are required. You can use either. They are equivalent.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks for your response but the thing is I already mailed everything today and the transcripts were not included. Am I going to get denial since I sent missing documents for RFE?

They will send another rfe if your response is not sufficient.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thanks for your response but the thing is I already mailed everything today and the transcripts were not included. Am I going to get denial since I sent missing documents for RFE?

You said you sent tax returns. Like I said, you can use complete tax returns or transcripts. Were the returns not complete?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes they were and as I'm checking them now I also noticed there's no W-2 in it only 1099. Here is what I sent them. i864 filled by joint sponsor, her birth certificate, employment verification letter, recent 3 pay stubs, last 3 years of tax returns. No transcript or W-2 in it. Are these documents sufficient? Would I get another RFE or denial.

This has been the toughest time of my life. I'm stressed and worried as sick, I can't eat sleep I feel like I can't function as a human being anymore.

Yes they were and as I'm checking them now I also noticed there's no W-2 in it only 1099. Here is what I sent them. i864 filled by joint sponsor, her birth certificate, employment verification letter, recent 3 pay stubs, last 3 years of tax returns. No transcript or W-2 in it. Are these documents sufficient? Would I get another RFE or denial.

This has been the toughest time of my life. I'm stressed and worried as sick, I can't eat sleep I feel like I can't function as a human being anymore.

Timeline

If she does not get a W-2 and only receives a 1099, then that is all that is needed along with her tax return forms.

Timeline

Ah, I see. Well, if they feel they need more documents before making a decision, then they will most likely send you another RFE.

If you made a copy of the RFE letter, you could try and send another mailing with a copy of the RFE letter on top and explanation about needing to include the W-2s or IRS transcripts, whichever you choose to send. Could not hurt to try it. They may get matched up to your case file that way.

Timeline

I really appreciate your answer. I don't have any copy but I have pictures of it on my camera roll. Do you think I should send only W-2 or the transcripts?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

When we did my AOS a few years ago, we received RFE too. They wanted the 2011 tax returns from my husband. We sent the tax returns but NO transcripts. They didnt give us trouble. All was fine. So dont worry if you sent the tax returns they requested, then you are gonna be fine. Some people send both, and some others send only tax returns. Both work fine.

Edited by Sunnyland

Filed: Timeline

I didn't send w2 and it got approved. it depends so do not worry too much. 99% it won't be a problem because you have pay stub and employment letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah they will just send RFE asking for anything you missed. Don't freak out if you see something that says you are denied, it kind of looks like you get denied online when you get an RFE. I was kind of mean and told my wife that means she got rejected because they figured out how crazy she is.... ha ha

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to WST-based AOS forum~

~Adjusting from work visa~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.