G-J

Administrative processing

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I just called NVC and already got our case number for K1 visa according to the person I spoke to just recently only they receive our case and it's on Administrative Processing, I've asked him how long will it takes place he said there's no time frame once everything settled they will send it to my consulate and he said won't take long. Hoping for the best and don't know what's the next step?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

This is not the same AP that happens to people who attend interviews and then wait in a black hole of uncertainty. I assume the representative meant that it is going to be processed at the NVC like all cases. Once it is approved there it can move on to the Embassy.

Edited by BaronB

I don't know, but I am confident in BaronB's response. K-1's don't stay at NVC for too long, and if you received your case number today, you may find that your case has at least been shipped within 5 days or so.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Yes once your case first arrives at NVC it goes in to administrative processing but that's only for a day or two,

. After which your case number is assigned. Mines was only in administrative processing for 24hrs.

09-24-2014: I-129F sent

09-25-2014: NOA1 email text

09-29-2014: NOA1 hard copy

04-02-2015: NOA2 email/Txt

04-03-2015: Sent to NVC

04-07-2015: NOA hardcopy received

04-10-2015: NVC received

04-13-2015: Case # assigned

04-15-2015: In Transit

04-21-2015: Ready Embassy

04-27-2015: Packet 3 RCV

04-28-2015: Medical

05-11-2015: Interview

05-16-2015 Visa in hand

05-17-2015 POE FLL

07-18-2015 Married Courts

10-10-2015 Big Wedding

11-07-2015 AOS Mailed

11-09-2015 Package Delivered

11-12-2015 Received Email and text

11-13-2015 Two more Conf# email and text

11-19-2015 Received NOA1 in the mail

12-04-2015 Received Biometric Letter

12-04-2015 RFE

12-11-2015 Biometric walk-in completed

12-21-2015 RFE Mailed overnight

Keep calling the NVC every day or two until they give you your MNL case number. Once you have your MNL case number, you can get rolling on scheduling an Embassy interview and completing the medical. If you wait for the NVC to notify you, then you're wasting precious time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.