Tunz

Questions about I-130 filing - URGENT!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

I'm LPR currently residing outside the US. Actually right now I'm in US for a month. And I'm on reentry permit for 2 years. Now I want to file I-130 petition for my spouse.

I have some questions about filing I-130 and I would be more than happy if somebody could help me with those questions.

1) Is that OK to include documents that we reside at the same apartment or will it interfere with my reentry permit? Which is a little bit confusing. Because while on reentry permit I don't reside in US and the US government knows this. But at the same time I should keep my domicile in US.

2) on the form G-325A (which I file together with I-130 form) I should provide my residence for last 5 years. I assume present address on this list should be same with the address on I-130 address. Is this the address USCIS will send correspondence to?

3) Can I use PO box as a return address instead?

4) When providing the list of residences for last 5 years. If I put my address outside US will it cause a problem, because I don't reside in US?

5) On the other hand if I don't put my address abroad where I reside with my spouse, will it arise questions about bona fide marriage?

6) And should I include my current temporary address in US to this list? If yes, should I change my mailing address to new one, as well? - It's my friend's address at which I reside temporarily at the moment, if he changes his address should I inform USCIS about address change while I'm abroad?

7) Can my mailing address and address of residence be different?
8) Form I-130 and form G-325 A Phone number Should I provide my phone number abroad or my friend's phone? Maybe it's better idea to get US phone number from Skype?

9) I 130 q.18. Address in the US where your relative intends to live - Again I can put my friend's current address here. But will I be able to change this address on consular stage?

10) I-130 q.21 Last address at which you lived together from to – Is it ok if we lived together before marriage. Would it arise any questions?

11) G-325A Applicant's employment last 5 years. - If he works abroad and I was residing with him during several months does it cause suspicion that I'm abroad not temporarily and I'm abandoning my LPR status?

It's URGENT and your SOONEST reply to ANY of these questions will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

You are not establishing domicile in usa. You need to show proof that you intend to reestablished domicile in the US. Bank account, tax returns for all years inluding foreign income made abroad, children in us school, permanent job, housing, investment in usa, house bills under your name. Domicile is important because if you can not prove as petitioner that you can not support immigrant, then they will be burden on country. If you need your family to settle in usa, then settle here permanently.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.