Cheffheid

Confused about RFE

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

So after waiting a long time we finally received a letter in the mail. Unfortunately, it was a notice requesting more evidence.

They specifically highlighted the joint account statement (only sent one, which apparently was silly) and a printout of the health insurance showing an active policy, main policy holder, and beneficiaries (which didn't show it was active or paid for according to them, but so be it I guess).

What confused me is that for the others we got a blanket "The other documents all appear to be in one name only". I can get that for the utility bills, since those are only issued in one name and I've added multiple to show joint residency (cable is in my name, electricity in hers).

Where the confusion comes in is that this would then also apply to the joint tax return transcripts (2012 and 2013), and family photos.

Besides sending in the insurance billing history and an up to date health insurance policy dashboard printout (FLBlue only shows this stuff online, their member cards don't list beneficiaries names, or dates), apartment rental agreement (admittedly, was dumb to forget this one), and flooding them with more bank statements, is there anything else we can send in or do?

NB: We have no loans, no credit cards, no mortgage, no car lease, and no children.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Cheffheid

Have you already sent in things like:

• Joint car insurance policy
  • Renter's insurance if that's in both of your names
  • 401K documents showing you are each other's beneficiary
  • Any legal documents e.g. wills

Not sure what you mean by that it would "also apply to the joint tax return transcripts", our transcripts show both our names and SSN.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

FLBlue only shows this stuff online, their member cards don't list beneficiaries names, or dates

We simply found an e-mail address for our insurance and requested they send a letter in the post detailing when I, the beneficiary, was added. We also did the same for the previous insurance (although they sent two separate letters, as is their policy. Their policy is to also get hacked and not encrypt social security numbers but that's neither here nor there).

A will should be made regardless, as it's important generally. It won't be much good so late into the proceedings as evidence, though. As demonstrated, utility bills in one name only are no good, even if a selection from one spouse and then the other are included. I also don't understand the transcripts info.

Are you joint members at any clubs? A gym? Have you flown together? This sort of information/evidence is lesser, of course, but it still paints an overall picture. At the end of the day, if you don't have much evidence then you don't have much evidence. Send what you can; the worst that will happen is an interview.

Edited by Berty

There's that smell again...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Have you already sent in things like:

• Joint car insurance policy
  • Renter's insurance if that's in both of your names
  • 401K documents showing you are each other's beneficiary
  • Any legal documents e.g. wills

Not sure what you mean by that it would "also apply to the joint tax return transcripts", our transcripts show both our names and SSN.

Good luck!

Car insurance, got that and was planning to include it. Thanks!

No renter's insurance or 401k though. Financially, things are a little complicated right now. One could say I'm being underpaid - which means flying anywhere has been out of the question (hell, constantly getting hit with things makes saving in general a bit difficult). We've included photos of a road trip to North Carolina though, but there's no official paperwork in that.

And what I meant by that is that they didn't say the tax return transcripts are okay. Or specifically that they're bad like they did with the bank statement and health insurance proof. Just lumped in with the utility bills for the "one name only" statement and so it implies that they're bad too. Even though both names and SSNs are on it. Hence my confusion. But maybe I'm thinking into it too much. :)

As far as the health insurance goes, we signed up when ACA became a thing and have been on it together from the moment we signed up. No coverage prior to that. I can try and get a statement from the insurance company but I'm not sure if there's any benefit to that. It's one of those things that's easily faked too, I think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.