18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi guys! Do they require a child birth certificate that was issued within 30 days of child birth? if the child was registered 36 days later , do they reject such birth certificates at the passport office as an invalid proof of parent-child relationship? Just heard that from one VJ member and my eyes popped out of my head. Did anyone have to deal with it? I am talking about the situation when a child under 16 receives a US passport based on naturalization of one biological parent.

Thanks in advance

Hello Lenchick!

Where did you get that information about the birth certificate issued within 30 days of child birth? I am curious!

My son's certificate did not fall in that category, however, If I were you, I would apply with the certificate that you have, it is the only one, isn't it? Just make sure to have all the required documents on the passport application and you will be ok.

Hope you have a nice journey!

Hello Lenchick!

Where did you get that information about the birth certificate issued within 30 days of child birth? I am curious!

My son's certificate did not fall in that category, however, If I were you, I would apply with the certificate that you have, it is the only one, isn't it? Just make sure to have all the required documents on the passport application and you will be ok.

Hope you have a nice journey!

Thanks. As I wrote above someone told me who was turned away from the passport office for additional proof of mother/child biological relationship as the birth certificate wasn't issued within 30 days from the child birth. I only know she was a single mother. That's all I know.

So I am kind of anxious because it would be hard for me to get additional proves.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks. As I wrote above someone told me who was turned away from the passport office for additional proof of mother/child biological relationship as the birth certificate wasn't issued within 30 days from the child birth. I only know she was a single mother. That's all I know.

So I am kind of anxious because it would be hard for me to get additional proves.

I am sorry, I don't have information to answer your question.

Hopefully there is someone with more experience or who was in a situation like yours and will reply with more detail.

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.