D.Ba

When to schedule K-1 medical in Frankfurt

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Confused!

The Frankfurt Consulate website very explicitly states:

"Processing in Frankfurt

You will be instructed to schedule your interview appointment on your own after:

You have submitted all forms and documents required with your application (see the Immigrant / Fiancé(e) & K-Visa Application Checklist
the medical examination results have been received (see the list of panel physicians in Germany)"

Clear enough. So I thought, better schedule the medical at the time when I submit my documents.

But the checklist they mailed me states: "We therefore request that you do not schedule the medical examination until instructed to do so by our office."

Alright? So I send my documents, THEN they tell me to schedule the medical, THEN they review the documents and THEN they tell me to schedule the interview??

Who has done this recently? The checlist is brandnew, 12/2014

Timeline

Correct me if I not seeing this, but they are also not requiring a DHL label anymore either? This has really changed since we last looked at it as well. We have been trying to get things figured out for when we get to that stage since he is living in Italy now.

Timeline

I dont think they will explicitly request you to do the medical again - by having the medical within the checklist for you to cross of, is an indirect request from their side to do it - so go ahead and do it. For the doc's office in Frankfurt you dont even need an appointment, you can just walk in. I think they write it like that to ensure no one goes to the medical WAY in advance as the results are only gonna be valid for 6 months from the time you do the medical.

NOA 1: 08/26/2014

NOA 2: 03/23/2014 --> 7 months wait (Texas Service Center)

Timeline

The medical is included in the checklist, not as an item to check, but in a separate part in the end. As I quoted "We therefore request that you do not schedule the medical examination until instructed to do so by our office" - that means you are not supposed to cross off at the time of mailing packet 3.

Anyway, I moved the appointment I had today - due to the train strike. Maybe by the time of my new appointment I will already have the notification by the consulate. Since I live in Hannover, Hamburg is much nearer for me, and they do request appointments.

Timeline

It gets better. Two days after I mailed my documents to the consulate, an e-mail arrives from CGI (or traveldocs):

"XXX has been approved to schedule a K Visas K-1 visa. Please log back into your account at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com to continue scheduling."

Remember, the consulate said I should not schedule the interview before they say so, and not even schedule a medical before they say so. Only after they have the results of my medical I would be instructed to schedule an interview.

Of course, I have no medical and therefore they have no results, so I should not be able to schedule an interview.

But, WHY then are they now telling me to schedule the interview? Is this not the consulate talking to me? Should I wait for a mail/letter by the consulate, or will that never arrive?

This is contradictory!

• 5 months later...
Timeline

It gets better. Two days after I mailed my documents to the consulate, an e-mail arrives from CGI (or traveldocs):

"XXX has been approved to schedule a K Visas K-1 visa. Please log back into your account at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com to continue scheduling."

Remember, the consulate said I should not schedule the interview before they say so, and not even schedule a medical before they say so. Only after they have the results of my medical I would be instructed to schedule an interview.

Of course, I have no medical and therefore they have no results, so I should not be able to schedule an interview.

But, WHY then are they now telling me to schedule the interview? Is this not the consulate talking to me? Should I wait for a mail/letter by the consulate, or will that never arrive?

This is contradictory!

Hey D.Ba,

I'm curious. How did the story ever end?

I'm in the same position right now. Got the same email after filling out the online application form via CGI Stanley. I went ahead and clicked on "request to schedule an appointment" and they said I'm gonna get an email from the consulate as soon as that request is approved...

No email yet but I also haven't had my medical yet either... (but in 4 days)

Sent out package 3 one week ago.

I'm also gonna have the medical in Hamburg. How long did it take the physician to forward your results to Frankfurt?

So ready to be done with all this. Just left my loved one behind...again. Hoping I can go back for good in a few weeks from now. This visa process has been taking almost 1 year now.

Timeline

I wrote to the consulate for clarification, and they just said to go ahead and schedule. No explanation or apology for the misleading information.

I had 2 or 3 weeks between medical and interview, that was plenty. I think they mailed it immediately.

Timeline

I am starting to get nervous that we aren't going to make out Nov 19th deadline and not sure what happens if we don't. My fiance hasn't mailed in his Packet 3, yet. Deutsche Post lost the packet I sent him. It took a month to find it after I filed a claim with USPS. We can't find anyone in Berlin to translate his Italian police certificate. It isn't letting me use my debit card to pay the $265 and no one seems to answer the online chat or email. He has also been sick with the flu for the past week.

They never sent him a checklist in his packet 3. Just the I-129F I filled out with Approved and the residence history form. Luckily we have you fine people.

Pre NVC was too easy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.