coa24

Banks and I-134

14 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity, has anyone have trouble getting the required information from your bank for the I-134? Every time I ask for a statement from the officer of the bank stating how much was deposited last year, when the account was opened, and the current balance, they act like they are not able to do it. It is making me want to switch banks. Obviously the employment letter and the last two pay stubs should suffice plenty, but I figured I can show a little extra with the bank account information. Therefore, how important is your bank information to the immigration officers at the embassy?

Edited by coa24

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Have had the same trouble. Two banks responded that they cannot give the total deposited for the last year. Is because it is not an automatic printout and takes them 2 seconds of extra work to get a total. They both gave a statement of the date the accounts were opened and current balance and I am including my bank statements that shows the amounts deposited, hope that is good enough.

The funny thing is, the other bank I have which is mainly my online bank, had no problem getting the information. But the one I use for everything, had major issues with it. They are so afraid of being sued I guess if they were to give the wrong information.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

I just got finished going to the bank to get this letter. I'm not sure if you're trying to do this in person or over the phone, but I would recommend going to your local branch and meeting directly with a bank official. Do not attempt to get this information from a teller, but an actual banker, manager, etc. I went in today, met with a banker and they wrote the letter right in front of me. I belong to a credit union.

I am convinced this is a mandatory document as it is specifically listed on the Form I-134 instructions along with the letter from your employer and W2.

Best of luck!

I actually met with the officer of the bank, but even that person had no idea what to do, just stated they cannot issue such a letter because of the legality of it. Basically they state it has to be done by a lawyer.....I did make the request though, no idea how long it will take, maybe a couple of weeks....

Out of curiosity, has anyone have trouble getting the required information from your bank for the I-134? Every time I ask for a statement from the officer of the bank stating how much was deposited last year, when the account was opened, and the current balance, they act like they are not able to do it. It is making me want to switch banks. Obviously the employment letter and the last two pay stubs should suffice plenty, but I figured I can show a little extra with the bank account information. Therefore, how important is your bank information to the immigration officers at the embassy?

Bank statements are not a requirement, they are only optional. If your current income is sufficient don't even worry about bank statements.

At my wife's interview, they took my recent tax return and they also took my employer letters and pay stubs. Nothing else was needed and she was approved no problem.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They did not ask for any bank statements at our interview. I can print my monthly statements from my online banking site. You could just print those, highlight and add up all the deposits.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't need bank information. ITR & W2 are all that is needed w/I-134

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

AND.... ITR and W2 for 2014 not three years like some sites are stating. No need for the bank statement especially if you meet the income guidelines for your family.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thanks! Was thinking that you need both. That means I can send the documents tomorrow :).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow, what a variation between banks - our local bank who knows both of us, and our Immigration story not only did this, he wrote the letter, and also he's a notary and though we didn't need it, he stamped it free of charge, and showed us how to use the customer's printer in the bank to print off all the statements we needed instead of it costing us $60.

When we needed our more recent letter of intent, his manager notarised those for us too, and wished us well in the interview - very very nice people :)

It's not a big bank - only four branches in all!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, what a variation between banks - our local bank who knows both of us, and our Immigration story not only did this, he wrote the letter, and also he's a notary and though we didn't need it, he stamped it free of charge, and showed us how to use the customer's printer in the bank to print off all the statements we needed instead of it costing us $60.

When we needed our more recent letter of intent, his manager notarised those for us too, and wished us well in the interview - very very nice people :)

It's not a big bank - only four branches in all!

It all depends on the bank and your relationship with the bank. I am with one of the major banks in USA and I have a private banker there and I can call him and tell him to open an account and he knows my passwords and he sets up my new accounts with new passwords and transfers money into the new account.

It just depends on the bank........

Edited by VOL

i wish banks were (at least the one I have) was more understanding and not so legalistic when it comes to these types of request. If it is your information, your account, then why act like you cannot give the customer the information requested. Just seems counter intuitive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.