moonincloud

Am i eligible under CSPA act for F4 visa category with my parents?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

My uncle applied for my mother under f4 category in feb 2008 ,that time my age was 18 years 9 months and 19 days old and now i am 26 years old , am i still eligible to go with my mother? (because of visa delay i am over 21 years old now) and that time my brother was 21 years and 10 months old and now he is 29 years.

Many Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Going to be a looooong time before the visa number is current but most unlikely.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

If it takes say another 6 years you will be 32, we would have a new record that keeps your CSPA age under 21.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You are use any online cspa calculator

Like this one:

http://www.***removed***/immigrant-visa/cspa-calculator/

i used this calculator ***removed*** cspa it says

Congratulations, you are still eligible for immigrant visa

Timeline

Then you are good to go.

As an aside when was your approval date?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How were you able to compute cspa age when your priority date is not yet current?

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-may-2015.html

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Magic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Thank you for your reply it means i am not eligible for CSPA are you sure? :(

Your chances are about zero. At the age your priority date becomes current (which will another couple of years) you will be able to subtract the time it took for petition to be approved. Highly unlikely petition approval would have taken that long (just make sure you understand what petition approval and priority date means).

If petition approval took less than 5 years you already can stop wondering - you will be not eligible.

Edited by kzielu

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It seems OP is considering today's date as current date for visa.

How were you able to compute cspa age when your priority date is not yet current?

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-may-2015.html

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

• 2 months later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

my name is ehsan and i was born on 1991 aug my aunt request for my mom on 2002 nov and their case was approved on 2009 nov and uscis send our case to nvc but until today we don receieve any thing from nvc , today i call them and ask them for case number and identification number but when i sing in to ceac my name wasnt there :cry: i want to ask you some thing that i am eligible for cspa or not ? my brother born on 1994 but his name is on the list of ceac i am realy worry and have lot of stress please help me

my name is ehsan and i was born on 1991 aug my aunt request for my mom on 2002 nov and their case was approved on 2009 nov and uscis send our case to nvc but until today we don receieve any thing from nvc , today i call them and ask them for case number and identification number but when i sing in to ceac my name wasnt there :cry: i want to ask you some thing that i am eligible for cspa or not ? my brother born on 1994 but his name is on the list of ceac i am realy worry and have lot of stress please help me

Timeline

Sounds like you will be OK as the 7 years is deducted to produce your CSPA age.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I am new to this site.

My girlfriend is in the same situation. Her uncle, a US citizen (her father's brother) applied for petition for his father and mother in November 1991. After my girlfriend was born in December 1992, her father added her as his derivative. It was approved in Agust 2010 with her name on the list. And then it became current just last month, June 2015. Her name was not on the list anymore because she already turned 22.

Is she eligible for CSPA? If she is available, what should be the first thing she should do? Her father has not finished with his medical examinations yet.

Your replies will be highly appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.