jonilui

No K1 Visa Appointments Available - Montreal (title edited)

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All!

I've been browsing through the forums and didn't catch one of these so I hope I haven't duplicated any. I saw in the past (in years 2011, 2012) that people created a thread to notify each other of when dates would be posted so that we could all snag interview dates.

I just got my P4 today and was all excited to choose an interview date to only discover there are none. I've been checking periodically and will continue to do so everyday. If anyone is in the same boat, let's keep each other informed!

Timeline

Hi.. All we did was use this website:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

When you complete all the steps; create an account, pay, select your Loomis location, etc., it brings you to the appointment calendar and tells you the next possible appointment. Or click on any of the days and it tells you the available times. Select the date/time and it tells you to print out the confirmation.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

Timeline

Hi.. All we did was use this website:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv

When you complete all the steps; create an account, pay, select your Loomis location, etc., it brings you to the appointment calendar and tells you the next possible appointment. Or click on any of the days and it tells you the available times. Select the date/time and it tells you to print out the confirmation.

Hope this helps. Good Luck

That's what I did already. There are no appointment dates available which is why I created this thread. Did you try and book an appointment just today or did you do this awhile ago? Based on your timeline, it looks like you got your P4 end of March which may explain why you had appointment dates available. There are none now at this moment. Apparently Montreal is notorious for this. Thanks anyways :)

Timeline

Sorry that there were none available. I had no idea they would just turn off the appointment scheduler.. One would think it would just extend out.. You are correct that we booked out appointment at the end of March. I grabbed the first available, May 6th 7:40AM, but I did notice other days available on the calendar. I guess I would check it daily. Best of luck to you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm cr1 and waiting. May has been fully booked since March. June dates might get released the last week of this month or early next month

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

I had a dream they opened up a bunch of dates for May. There was so many to choose from that I was having a hard time deciding which one. When I woke up, I immediately went to check, and of course, everything is still unavailable. One can dream... I'm checking the site like a mad woman!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello there, this is amazing. I had not idea you get to choose the date for the interview. With all my readings, and i must say, I might be wrong, but isn't the consulate who tells when is the interview is after they review the documents? Anyways I wish you for rather fast appoiment for your interview!!

Timeline

Hello there, this is amazing. I had not idea you get to choose the date for the interview. With all my readings, and i must say, I might be wrong, but isn't the consulate who tells when is the interview is after they review the documents? Anyways I wish you for rather fast appoiment for your interview!!

There seems to be some people who have appointment dates set by the consulate/NVC, but I'm not entirely sure why. For the majority, we select our own dates.

We're in the same boat! Keepin' our eyes peeled for dates...

I emailed the consulate and this is the generic answer I got.

Good day,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Consulate General in Montreal is committed to scheduling visa interview appointments as soon as possible after the applicant’s file is documentarily ready. The Consulate General works closely with the National Visa Center and CSC Visa Information Services, our appointment system contractor, to determine the number and category of immigrant visa cases that are ready for interview, and ensure there are adequate appointments available. The calendar is reviewed several times per month, and additional appointment slots may be added as available visa numbers change. If there are no appointments available, applicants are requested to re-try regularly, as it is likely additional appointment slots will be opened.

Applicants who need assistance in making a visa appointment can visit the Official U.S. Visa Information & Appointment Services website at https://usvisa-info.com/, or contact their office at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/information/contact_us

Timeline

I don't know if they released a new date or not or if I was lucky enough to catch someone cancel, but I managed to score one for June 2! It was the ONLY time slot available as I tried going back to check for other dates. I'm so relieved right now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There seems to be some people who have appointment dates set by the consulate/NVC, but I'm not entirely sure why. For the majority, we select our own dates.

Just for reference, K1 visa applicants can choose their interview date but the IR1/CR1 applicants have their date set for them. So it depends what kind of visa you are going for.

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My son and his wife and I have looked for appointment slots on the US Embassy calendar in Montreal at least 25 to 30 times a day, each! We have done this faithfully for 3 weeks. It is hard to believe that any appointment times are ever released or ever will be released! Has anyone ever seen a slot open up for K3 in Montreal?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ottawa does not process Visas. The only place to get a IR1/CR1 is Montreal.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.