p1nkmamba

2 year evidence question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

One of the pieces of evidence I was thinking of including in our application was a copy of our school transcripts. However, my fiance graduated with his PhD in May 2013, which may put us just outside of the 2 year timeframe depending when they decide to look at our case. Do you think it is worth it to send these? He did work at the university until Aug 2013, so I could get a letter from his department stating that. We have visited each other since he left the US in Oct 2013 and I have those pieces of evidence as well.

Thanks and I wish everyone good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would go for something recent.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Add in everything that's valid to show your relationship, weather it's outside the 2years or not. You can never have too much evidence, just too little. Most certainly, you need info from within the last 2yeara. We used info from 3years out when we applied, fyi

Edited by MGill

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

within the previous two years is whats required..including anything more that two years ago won't hurt though its not necessary.

USCIS BE LIKE.......WE ARE WORKING AS FAST AS WE CAN GUYS!

snail_mail.jpg

28 Sep 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

01 Oct 2014 -- I-129F Delivered to USCIS

06 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Received via Text/Email

14 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hard Copy Received

23 Oct 2014 -- Petition Approved as per USCIS website

30 Oct 2014 -- NOA2 Hard Copy Received

07 Nov 2014 -- NVC Received Petition

10 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case Number Assigned

17 Nov 2014 -- Status Update "Ready for Interview" as per CEAC website

20 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case# Notice Received

22 Nov 2014 -- Medical

16 Dec 2014 -- Interview

18 Dec 2014 -- 221(g) Received via email

22 Dec 2014 -- RFE Instructions received via email

05 Feb 2015 -- RFE Requirements submitted

15 Apr 2015 -- Visa Issued as per CEAC Website

17 Apr 2015 -- Received Embassy Email, Visa on the way!!!!

20 Apr 2015 -- Visa OnHand :)

27 Apr 2015 -- CFO Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Also, the two years is from the date of filing backwards, not when they finally get around to taking a look at your petition. FWIW.

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

One of the pieces of evidence I was thinking of including in our application was a copy of our school transcripts. However, my fiance graduated with his PhD in May 2013, which may put us just outside of the 2 year timeframe depending when they decide to look at our case. Do you think it is worth it to send these? He did work at the university until Aug 2013, so I could get a letter from his department stating that. We have visited each other since he left the US in Oct 2013 and I have those pieces of evidence as well.

Thanks and I wish everyone good luck!

Your transcripts will only prove you went to the same school together, not that you actually met.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

One of the pieces of evidence I was thinking of including in our application was a copy of our school transcripts. However, my fiance graduated with his PhD in May 2013, which may put us just outside of the 2 year timeframe depending when they decide to look at our case.

What two year time frame are you talking about?

Do you think it is worth it to send these? He did work at the university until Aug 2013, so I could get a letter from his department stating that. We have visited each other since he left the US in Oct 2013 and I have those pieces of evidence as well.

School transcripts are not a requested document.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.