hawaiilove2015

Age Gap of 30 Years from my USC Wife

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone i want to ask everyone who have the big age difference like me from my USC wife we are in NVC process and in relationship of more then 3 years now. I want to know what kind of question CO may ask regarding the age gap. I just passed my I 130 Petition after 15 months. Please help if, or if someone also face the same situation in age gap like this i am waiting for my interview soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone i want to ask everyone who have the big age difference like me from my USC wife we are in NVC process and in relationship of more then 3 years now. I want to know what kind of question CO may ask regarding the age gap. I just passed my I 130 Petition after 15 months. Please help if, or if someone also face the same situation in age gap like this i am waiting for my interview soon.

Each case is unique, and questions may varies for each person. Common questions related to age gap can be like why there is so much age gap, how does your family feel about this? how do you feel about this? How did you fall in love? etc etc. Biggest thing is that CO needs to convince that your relationship is for real. In fact, expect to get grilled for an hour or longer interview in such case.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

its was tough to collect the document for relationship but we are in true relationship from last 3 years. We provided everything to uscis which is possible my family is all supported me now but before we married i not tell them. but later i tell them they accept all and now they also talk with her sometime over video chat. My family everyone give affidavit for acceptance of our relationship - my father, mother, sister, friends

and also show them day by day more then 5000 pages chat history

please suggest me dear

Timeline

she got citizen through naturalization. Her brother is a Doctor and he petition for her and we meet online she visited to india 2 time we live together for 1 months

and marriage according to indian law as we both are in same religion. we have all document to show related to genuine relationship everyday we talked many times and my passport have her name and she also have same

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The problems usually arise in traditional societies where the female is older.

Older males in such societies are quite normal.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

1) Have you always dated women significantly older than you?

2) Are you prepared to look after an elderly person when you are in the prime of your life?

3) Don't you want to have children of your own oneday?

4) What does her family/friends think of your relationship?

Timeline

Never said who as the older. For the male to be older in India would be unheard of outside of VJ.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Never said who as the older. For the male to be older in India would be unheard of outside of VJ.

Is there ever a case where the the beneficiary is significantly older? Probably not. That is why it's a red flag.

im 40 and my fiancee in afghanistan is 20 the only question was asked her was Why your fiance is older than you and she replied that We are ok with it he loves me and i love him and the consular didnt say anything else

Timeline

No this is first time i dated mature women.

yes i like to take care for her but she is very healthy then me for today

her brother and friend already accepted her and i talked with them many times

all are accept my side and her side both

Timeline

Is there ever a case where the the beneficiary is significantly older? Probably not. That is why it's a red flag.

Quite common in Philippine's but also culturally normal.

Timeline

Quite common in Philippine's but also culturally normal.

Is it really the case for older women to date younger men in the Philippines? I've seen the reverse but wasn't aware of that. You learn new things every day.

Timeline

Is it really the case for older women to date younger men in the Philippines? I've seen the reverse but wasn't aware of that. You learn new things every day.

The age gap is common, even more than 30 years. Never seen an older female, what would be the point? Edited by Boiler

From reading this website for about a year, I have come to the conclusion that people who are new to the website think a big age gap is a red flag, and people who have been here for awhile is see it as a minor issue at most....for many it is a non-issue. One poster even said it would be against the law to deny a petition based soley on age difference as that would be age discrimiantion.

I would be prepared to answer questions about the age difference, but I would not worry about it. It is what it is. Good luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.