terri_blake

Red flag over religious differences?

136 posts in this topic

I havent met his family? His uncle is married to my sister. Get your facts straight.

Have you met anyone other than his Uncle (who committed visa fraud by marrying your sister to gain LPR status in the USA under false pretences, later running off with his Egyptian wife) on his side of the family?

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

For some couples it was no issue and for others it was. It is not a yes or no answer in regards to problems with religious differences and for some to

say that you will or won't have issues with it is just speculation.

It is a part of the whole, meaning what else fits or doesn't fit and what (other) red flags exist.

The core of it all is in spending plenty of time together in real life, not just online and phone time.

If he is limited as to how much time you two can spend together due to his religion, then it must happen in the presence of his family or you will

have problems. They are very concerned if family is not on board with the engagement and a good relationship should exist also between you

and his family with photos to back it up.

He may end up spending several months in AP while they do their investigation on him.

Don't piece meal and fragment any particular issues but keep your focus on the entire picture because that is what the CO will do.

What is right and what is odd in your case all counts. All the pieces must fit together and be convincing to have a successful outcome.

Thank you for your thoughtful words. We have discussed this and will work to eliminate as many red flags as possible.

That wasn't an attack.

That was a "you never answer anyone so I don't care anymore" response.

I asked you three times about the pictures in your other thread and you ignored me and then finally answered with a post that wasn't even specific.

Other people have asked you very legit questions in this thread and you've ignored them.

No on is attacking you because no one knows you.

Your relationship to you is perfect and to anyone it would be before they get scammed or was the subject of fraud.

People actually try to make you understand that because they don't want someone else to go through that.

No one knows who a person is until they live with them. And you've not even met yours face to face.

Two stories high does not count.

You've never been face to face with your fiancé, you've never spent any real time with him.

And you need to because the Internet and phone calls are not the same.

I knew mine online 7 years before we actually met, and we are both very different in person.

But anything I say here trying to convince you that you need more evidence and you need to actually meet the guy and spend time with him and the fact that religion preventing you from doing this means he is very religious, he will not change his religion for you, and it is a huge red flag.

But I know you will take all this as "mean" and that's very childish of you.

I am not attacking you, I am giving you advice and information that is relevant to a case like yours.

Take it like an adult or don't respond to me.

Because frankly trying to help someone who does not care is not worth the time.

Wow is all i will say in response to this off topic rant. I have addressed the photos 5 times now. Get your facts straight.

Nobody is attacking you. You just don't like people calling you what you are: a troll. It is ridiculous how badly you try to make yourself sound like a victim who gets attacked here. Your story is not even coherent. Next time try to memorize it before you start your show.

Ignored.

Edited by terri_blake

I havent met his family? His uncle is married to my sister. Get your facts straight.

His parents. Met them?

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Is he moderate or is he extremely religious, because he can't be both? He couldn't stand on a balcony with you because he is so religious yet he had a girlfriend before? There is no dating in conservative Islam.

I think this will be the issue to address more than the religious differences. My fiance and I never had a 'dating' sort of relationship and the embassy officers will probably be familiar with local customs and especially courtship requirements of the various religious groups in the area.

Red flag is in the hand of the ref...he is bringing the whistle to his mouth...will he throw it? Will he throw it??

Signature coming soon...

Have you met anyone other than his Uncle (who committed visa fraud by marrying your sister to gain LPR status in the USA under false pretences, later running off with his Egyptian wife) on his side of the family?

Yes I have.

Yes I have.

Did you get any photos with them? Would they write you letters of support?

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Your photos are unacceptable by USCIS standards. You have never met or spent a single minute with your boyfriend face to face. That is a USCIS requirement. When they deny your boyfriend a visa, tell them they are being mean to you, and unfair, and not open minded.

I was able to visit with his sisters and we have photos together. They are coming to visit me next month

I am visiting with Basim again in June. Did you catch that before you decided to go into vulture mode?

It won't count. You have to have met face to face within two years. After the fact will not be considered.

Considering you got routed to California, they work their cases pretty fast, so if they don't find your pictures as true evidence of your relationship, then you will more than likely get an RFE. And that will happen way before June.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not sure if again is the word I would use.

Just a suggestion but why not move to Egypt? He is going to feel much more comfortable in such an environment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.