terri_blake

Need advice on Egyptian Fiance

73 posts in this topic

What? He doesn't even have any brother. he only has two sisters.what are you talking about? I am very lost.

She obviously meant his uncle.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Jesus Christ I am NOT a troll I am a real person looking for real answers from real people who have gone through real experiences that I really genuinely interested in helping others. This is the entire sole reason why I have joined this message board. Not everyone's life can be a story book tail like Cinderella and Snow White. I know some of you people live perfect lives and have never gone through any unusual circomestances like me. I am just trying to be honest and trying to open myself up to you as much as I can so that I can receive the best information possible. if my story sounds hard to believe or a little unusual I understand because as an American white girl dating someone who is Egyptian that lives a million miles away is sometimes unheard of especially in this day and age. going through what I have gone through and dealing with cultural differences and helping my sister get through her broken marriage has really drained me but I am going to keep my faith and spirit up and those of you who are genuine and looking to help someone like me please feel free to continue the discussion everyone else that is negative naysayers and pessimistic please I will just ignore you. thank you

If you are not Muslim or willing to convert to Islam, things are going to end very badly for you.

I guarantee it.

Don't make a mistake.

Good luck.

wow you are very positive rightwow you are very negative. I would never say anything bad about hispanics why are you being cruel and bigoted about Egyptian Muslims? And furthermore who said Basim was Muslim? Dont jump too far to conclusions or you may just jump to your own demise!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband is Egyptian. We had lots of red flags to overcome. I'm older by 11+years, we are different religions, he'd been married to a westerner before (she was from Australia), and he was in tourism. We worried about all those things. As a result we did everything we could to make sure that our red flags were minimized. I visited 4 times (5 if you count when we met and weren't dating), we traveled together and had matching stamps in our passports. We made sure we had messages to go along with the many months we were dating. We had receipts of hotels where we stayed. Being Muslim, we had receipts for his room and for my room. In the end, all of our work to overcome the red flags helped us. The interviewing officer didn't focus on our age, our religion, or his job. Instead he focused on the previous relationship and our relationship in which he thought we were married. My husband was easily able to answer all his questions. How this relates to you is if you have compiled your evidence to prove you are legitimate, and that evidence has depth to it, the issue with your uncle-in-law will not be important. I wouldn't worry that he could keep you from a visa. If you make sure your evidence is solid, they will not deny you.

As for your original post, you said you picked a wedding date. Be careful with that. We were told by an immigration lawyer (we only consulted once with her) that the process would take a year. We applied in August of 2012, and we weren't approved until February of 2014. There were slow downs in the system we didn't foresee. So, I wouldn't want you to have a date that you couldn't make.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Jesus Christ I am NOT a troll I am a real person looking for real answers from real people who have gone through real experiences that I really genuinely interested in helping others. This is the entire sole reason why I have joined this message board. Not everyone's life can be a story book tail like Cinderella and Snow White. I know some of you people live perfect lives and have never gone through any unusual circomestances like me. I am just trying to be honest and trying to open myself up to you as much as I can so that I can receive the best information possible. if my story sounds hard to believe or a little unusual I understand because as an American white girl dating someone who is Egyptian that lives a million miles away is sometimes unheard of especially in this day and age. going through what I have gone through and dealing with cultural differences and helping my sister get through her broken marriage has really drained me but I am going to keep my faith and spirit up and those of you who are genuine and looking to help someone like me please feel free to continue the discussion everyone else that is negative naysayers and pessimistic please I will just ignore you. thank you

We tried to help you, so stop being arrogant. Your case is FULL of red flags (being engaged shortly after having met, meeting breefly in person and only one time, cultural differences, different religion, fraudster relative, etc).

You have been told a bunch of useful answers. IF you have solid evidence of bonafide relationship, his uncle shouldn't matter but he is definitely a huge red flag either way. MORE TIME SPENT IN PERSON TOGETHER is needed if you want to get approved. Egypt is a high fraud country and the US Consulate in Egypt won't be impressed that he has met you only once in person. It's not being negative and pessimistic, these are FACTS.

It is still beyond my understanding why after seeing your sister heartbroken you jumped in a relationship with a relative of the fraudster.

Edited by Babyface1

~ AOS from K1 visa ~

My husband is Egyptian. We had lots of red flags to overcome. I'm older by 11+years, we are different religions, he'd been married to a westerner before (she was from Australia), and he was in tourism. We worried about all those things. As a result we did everything we could to make sure that our red flags were minimized. I visited 4 times (5 if you count when we met and weren't dating), we traveled together and had matching stamps in our passports. We made sure we had messages to go along with the many months we were dating. We had receipts of hotels where we stayed. Being Muslim, we had receipts for his room and for my room. In the end, all of our work to overcome the red flags helped us. The interviewing officer didn't focus on our age, our religion, or his job. Instead he focused on the previous relationship and our relationship in which he thought we were married. My husband was easily able to answer all his questions. How this relates to you is if you have compiled your evidence to prove you are legitimate, and that evidence has depth to it, the issue with your uncle-in-law will not be important. I wouldn't worry that he could keep you from a visa. If you make sure your evidence is solid, they will not deny you.

As for your original post, you said you picked a wedding date. Be careful with that. We were told by an immigration lawyer (we only consulted once with her) that the process would take a year. We applied in August of 2012, and we weren't approved until February of 2014. There were slow downs in the system we didn't foresee. So, I wouldn't want you to have a date that you couldn't make.

Thank God someone who actually has been in my shoes and has decency, meaningful advice, and a brain! Bless you! Thank you soooooooooo much for your advice. I will copy and paste your msg to share with my Basim. He will be so thrilled!!!! Edited by terri_blake

And furthermore who said Basim was Muslim? Dont jump too far to conclusions or you may just jump to your own demise!!

But he is Muslim? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/545411-red-flag-over-religious-differences/ No need to have a go at another user for having made a correct assumption. Difference of religion in a K1 case in a high-fraud country is definitely a problem. You can search the forums for other tales.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

wow you are very positive rightwow you are very negative. I would never say anything bad about hispanics why are you being cruel and bigoted about Egyptian Muslims? And furthermore who said Basim was Muslim? Dont jump too far to conclusions or you may just jump to your own demise!!

Because of this?

I am newly engaged to the love of my life, Basim. He is Egyptian and Muslim and I am American and raised very Pentacostal. this message board is truly a gift and wealth of knowledge. We are wondering if differences between religions cause hold ups during the k1 visa process?

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Because of this?

Yes Basim is Muslim but for someone to just bombard me the way that guy did without knowing facts is just ridiculous. Basim and I have discussed him converting. You do understand he lives in EGYPT. He really is not at liberty to ecplore other religions as we do here in the US. I have Skyped with him about the word of God and confessed who i call my lord and savior. He accepts me. I accept him. PERIOD!!!!

Counting down the minutes until this thread closes...being a penticostal you'd know that marrying a Muslim would mean being unequally yolked biblically

Are you kidding me?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes Basim is Muslim but for someone to just bombard me the way that guy did without knowing facts is just ridiculous. Basim and I have discussed him converting. You do understand he lives in EGYPT. He really is not at liberty to ecplore other religions as we do here in the US. I have Skyped with him about the word of God and confessed who i call my lord and savior. He accepts me. I accept him. PERIOD!!!!

Are you kidding me?

Nope, I attend a penticostal church myself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am not even saying anything bad about Muslims, just that his expectations for you will be uncomfotable for you as a non-Muslim to handle. Furthermore, he seems to not be a secular-minded Muslim, which would make a big difference. Please don't bring him over thinking that he will change/convert. Accept his religion and the role it will play in your life before making the marriage leap. Otherwise you will be extremely unhappy. Also realize that people tend to become more conservative in their beliefs as they age, so take that for what it's worth. Good luck on your journey.

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.