terri_blake

Need advice on Egyptian Fiance

73 posts in this topic

my fiance Basim and I have been together since July 2014 and we are madly in love and plan to spend the rest of our lives together. he and I got engaged a couple of weeks ago. the funny part about our relationship is that my sister married his uncle in 2013 and that is pretty much how I met my current fiance. well long story short I was wondering if this may raise a red flag regarding our form i-129f. if they know that my sister married his uncle would this be suspicious? I am asking this because after my sister married my uncle-in-law he ran off to California to be with an Egyptian woman that he actually knew for a very long time even before he came to the United States. my entire family is very supporting however they are a little apprehensive about the situation with basim because of what happened to my sister and her husband. I have already picked a date, ordered my wedding dress, picked out my cake, flowers, everything and for this to not happen because of somebody else's misfortune would be truly and absolutely devastating. any suggestions, tips , tricks, or hint would be greatly appreciated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is what it is, nothing you do about that.

Why did the Egyptian woman not sponsor him?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, you having been introduced by someone who seems to have comitted immigration fraud (the uncle) is a red flag, but that doesn't mean it cannot be overcome.

Be prepared to show lots of bonafide evidence- time spent together is the best.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

It is what it is, nothing you do about that.

Why did the Egyptian woman not sponsor him?

I honestly don't know why that Egyptian woman didn't sponsor my sisters husband. We dont talk at all. My sister had no idea and neither did my fiance. My fiance Basim and his family are actually quite upset because they know this vould effect any plans others may have for coming to the U.S. Basim even cried about it becausr its his favorite uncle and for him to do this to the family of the woman he loves is just incredible. If anyone knows an older Egyptian guy in the Sacramento area named Tony that's him. He is very likely working on foreign auto repair as that is pretty much all he knows.

I hope you see this Tony because KARMA is coming for ya!

Edited by terri_blake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Every relationship is a big risk. When you meet someone overseas and they want to immigrate here, that risk runs even deeper. I am not saying you're rushing into this matter with your current fiancé, but maybe the situation your sister is going through should serve as some sort of example. Learning from her mistakes could save you a lot of time, heartache, and even money!

I actually have a question for you, Terri. Have you and Basim met? Has he been here and/or have you been to Egypt to meet him and his family?

I went to Morocco for Christmas and I saw him briefly. As he is religious, I could not visit his hotel so he came to the balcony which was three stories up and we talked on the phone while waving to one another. Before I left to make the last train, he dropped down a single white rose and a towel he had used so I could smell his scent and keep with me or tuck under my pillow on nights that missing him is getting the best of me. It was about the most thoughtful thing anyone ever did for me and so classically romantic. American men just never do that sort of thing. I just love him so much!!

Edited by terri_blake

So you don't even have any pictures together?

And if you do you are at least two floors apart?

Yes this will be suspicious.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Actually we DO have really nice photos together taken by a very talented and well known Moroccan photographer. This is not the issue. Everyone is missing the point! His uncle is the one that could screw my marriage up, not stupid photos. Everything else is fine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, but I really want to understand your issue. Please forgive me if this is offensive in any way whatsoever, but as a newbie, like you, I am here to learn as much as I can about this entire process so every story is interesting to me and an opportunity for learning. With that said, I want to make sure I understand you clearly.

I have three questions:

1. Did you say you two have met only once in Morocco?

2. During that meeting, did you get to stand next to him on the same floor/level/ground?

3. Are you planning to meet him again soon?

Thanks!

Sorry, but I really want to understand your issue. Please forgive me if this is offensive in any way whatsoever, but as a newbie, like you, I am here to learn as much as I can about this entire process so every story is interesting to me and an opportunity for learning. With that said, I want to make sure I understand you clearly.

I have three questions:

1. Did you say you two have met only once in Morocco?

2. During that meeting, did you get to stand next to him on the same floor/level/ground?

3. Are you planning to meet him again soon?

Thanks!

I understand and I am also here to learn as much as possible so I will answer any question as long as it is asked in a respectable manner. first of all yes we have met only once in Morocco. During that meeting we did not get to stand next to each other because of his religion. yes of course we are planning to meet again soon because we are engaged so obviously we have to get married in order to fulfill that engagement which will require us to meet again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.