We Keep Receipts

Gun advocates lash out at Tim McGraw over Sandy Hook benefit concert

15 posts in this topic

Country music star Tim McGraw is taking heat from gun advocates after he announced this week that he’s headlining a July 17 concert in Hartford, Conn., to benefit Sandy Hook Promise, a group that seeks to protect children from gun violence.

Gun advocates took to social media after McGraw’s announcement, calling the singer a hypocrite.

Among the critics was fellow country music star Travis Tritt, who tweeted his disdain for McGraw’s concert.

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-advocates-flip-over-tim-mcgraw-s-sandy-hook-benefit-concert-131150316.html

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

gun-nuts23.png

What's sad about this is, I think Joe the Plumber did say just that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/27/joe-the-plumber-guns_n_5397981.html

"I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now. But: As harsh as this sounds -- your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights," Wurzelbacher wrote.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Country music star Tim McGraw is taking heat from gun advocates after he announced this week that hes headlining a July 17 concert in Hartford, Conn., to benefit Sandy Hook Promise, a group that seeks to protect children from gun violence.

Gun advocates took to social media after McGraws announcement, calling the singer a hypocrite.

Among the critics was fellow country music star Travis Tritt, who tweeted his disdain for McGraws concert.

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-advocates-flip-over-tim-mcgraw-s-sandy-hook-benefit-concert-131150316.html

He isn't helped by the multitude of pictures of his daughter and her arsenal that are doing the rounds. <_<

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Timeline

I don't know what there is to argue about:

"Let me be clear regarding the concert for Sandy Hook given much of the erroneous reporting thus far," he [McGraw] told Fox News. "As a gun owner, I support gun ownership. I also believe that with gun ownership comes the responsibility of education and safety – most certainly when it relates to what we value most, our children. I can’t imagine anyone who disagrees with that."

Only a true gun nut would take issue with this.

He isn't helped by the multitude of pictures of his daughter and her arsenal that are doing the rounds. <_<

I don't think that gun control and having guns are mutually exclusive.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I don't think that gun control and having guns are mutually exclusive.

Logically that would true, but logic has never been something gun nuts seem to use to arrive at a conclusion.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

I never said it was. :no:

But holding an AR-15 with a telescopic sight and drum magazine?

daughter1.jpg

That's not going to help the issue.

That's his daughter, not him. He's doing the concert, not her. The way I see it, there's seems to be an underlying thought that if you own guns you can't speak about gun control.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

That's his daughter, not him. He's doing the concert, not her. The way I see it, there's seems to be an underlying thought that if you own guns you can't speak about gun control.

Disconnecting the two is rather unrealistic, don't you think? <_<

The fact that she is his daughter is the main focus of the media right now, not the concert and the cause it is being held to support. One of the acts has already pulled out. Will others? :unsure:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

The fact that she is his daughter is the main focus of the media right now, not the concert and the cause it is being held to support. One of the acts has already pulled out. Will others? :unsure:

Not really.

Responsible gun owners should have no issues talking about gun control and safety. Maybe this would help in the inane argument about guns. Middle ground is much needed in that debate. What's sad is he's clearly stated he is a gun owner and has no issue with people owning guns. And yet, for some reason, this concert is making gun owners nervous. So now he's being called a hypocrite?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not to mention it's specifically aimed at keeping our children away from gun violence.

Filed: Timeline

What media would that be? I did a quick google search of 'Tim MCGraw Sandy Hook' and have yet to see a media report on his gun toting daughter...

I never said it was. :no:

But holding an AR-15 with a telescopic sight and drum magazine?

daughter1.jpg

That's not going to help the issue.

He just means take the guns from the Peasants . Much like Rosie O tirade against guns, while hiring armed guards for her daughters. High order elitist stupidity

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What's sad about this is, I think Joe the Plumber did say just that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/27/joe-the-plumber-guns_n_5397981.html

"I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now. But: As harsh as this sounds -- your dead kids dont trump my Constitutional rights," Wurzelbacher wrote.

Thankfully his word means very little.