AverysMom

Finally out of AP after 6 weeks!

61 posts in this topic

Congratulations mate! Happy for you.

It's almost the same up here. I'v applied for an immigrant visa and my case has been put in AP for months. Days ago, the Embassy sent me an Email requesting our passports and their email said "In order to proceed to the final step of your visa issuance".

It's been 9 days now since the Embassy received our passports and our status date kept changing but the status still reads "Administrative Processing"! I can't just imagine how long it would take to be changed to "ISSUED"?

Any idea?

Thanks

Thank you! & I apologize for the delayed response:

From what I've gathered after my extensive research on this site in regards to AP, the status will need to change to "Ready" before it's "Issued".

You could possibly be seeing the date change because they are getting your passport together with the other documents in your case file. Then after everything is together it must be reviewed, again. You will then go to "Ready" which is another final review of sorts, with a different officer. This was explained to me in an email from the embassy after my Congressional inquiry. Most cases jump back to AP for a day before the status updates to Issued. This AP is the finishing touches and the preparation of mailing the passport off. Then Issued is when it's been mailed.

With all of the date updates on your case you could be looking at a Ready status within the coming days/week. Best of luck! They have your passport so you are almost there :)

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Thanks for the detailed response!

So, do you think the 9 days waiting,for the visas to be issued, are still in the normal range?

Yes, because you're seeing movement when the date updates. If the date wasn't updating then I'd be worried :)

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

The last date change was yesterday. No change for today!!

It's not necessarily going to change everyday. You should be happy that it updated yesterday, that means someone recently looked at your case. No one will know when your case will update to "Issued". It varies by Consulate and depends on a number of factors. The simple fact that they are looking at your case and updating is the good news. You have some ways to go, you haven't gone to "Ready" yet and the case won't jumo from AP to Issued. Hang in there!

7 months & 5 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Guess what!!! I just check ceac i found out there is new update in my case ,wow after 37 days today there is an update ,but still in AP :( ,I dont know if its good news or bad ,!!!?

Edited by BraveAmnay
event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Guess what i just check ceac i found there is new update wow after 37 days today there is an update ,but still in AP :( ,I dont know if its good news or bad ,!!!?

That's GREAT!!!! they have touched your file so now you know they haven't forgotten about you! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! I pray for more updates and status changes for you! :)

7 months & 5 days

Ceac stat updates as follows: Any idea if this is a good sign

Interview--march 3

Ap-----march 3

Ap-----march 30 (Docs recv)

Ready--April 22

Ap----April 23

Typically the AP after Ready is a good sign. The next update should be Issued! :)

7 months & 5 days

Finally ISsued

See! Congrats :)

7 months & 5 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.