walrusbaby

We don't want to start planning the wedding before we have the visa

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

There have been people purchasing flights BEFORE their visa is in hand? Ohhh my not a good idea.

Ailyn and I are only making general plan at the moment. Where we go to get married, asking friends/relatives if they would like to attend giving open invitations "when" that day should come. I have to told them all will keep them posted on our progress and give them more details as we know them. You really cannot do any more than that with an issued visa yet.

Some flights (business class and so) are entirely flexible and refundable so purchasing a ticket is not the end of the world. Planning an entire wedding and inviting guests from overseas... well that's not a good idea at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some flights (business class and so) are entirely flexible and refundable so purchasing a ticket is not the end of the world. Planning an entire wedding and inviting guests from overseas... well that's not a good idea at all.

Ahhh okay did not know business class was flexible in that way... I never purchase it is why hehe...

Dave

- Trying to get K-1 visa ready to send out soon for Ailyn and I.

- 04/21/2015 mailed 1-129F visa packet to Dallas Lock bock. will be there tomorrow.

You can usually buy a flexible ticket in economy too - they are just usually a little more expensive.

But even with a flexible ticket there is usually some extra fee of a couple of hundred dollars to pay to rebook.

I was one of those people who booked a plane ticket before the visa arrived. It arrived just 4 days before I flew. I still feel a little anxious when I think about it and it was 7 years ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I know everybody says we shouldn't plan our wedding before we have the visa in hand, and being at TSC I think this is solid advice. So, what do I say if the inteviewer at the embassy asks if we have started planning the wedding?

Won't they consider we aren't serious if I say we haven't been planning anything yet?

I haven't read all the posts so I am sorry if someone has already told you this:

I don't think they are going to care. If you are just honest and say you didn't want to plan it before having a visa I am sure they will be fine with that. To be on the safe side you can give them a rough idea about how you want your wedding. If you have any idea where it will be or when, outside or inside, that kind of thing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.