Maibesman

How long does it take for a decision in juarez

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance went to her visa interview on february 6th at the juarez consulate , and they said she was not eligible for a visa until she produced a police report from cancun saying she had no record . She went to cancun got the document and fed ex mailed it and the consulate in juarez received it on February 12th ...but it is now april 16th and the consulate is saying it is still in process...how long does it take to review the police report and either approve or deny the visa ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did you try checking here to see if your case# is listed? > http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/res_iv_info.html

Checked your visa status? > https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

It says. Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks.

Why did they need one from Cancun? Sounds bizarre.

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Timeline

I thought in Mexico an antecedentes no penales certificate wasn't even required. Maybe your fiance name matches with a person on a restricted list. I wish you luck and am interested to see hownthis turns out.

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It says. Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks.

If your case# does not appear on the Juarez Consulate site I posted, and your case status says you are still in AP, then you have to just wait it out. There is no definite time period for AP.

I thought in Mexico an antecedentes no penales certificate wasn't even required. Maybe your fiance name matches with a person on a restricted list. I wish you luck and am interested to see hownthis turns out.

They are typically not required, so I agree. There must be a reason they are asking for this and the case being in AP.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Last year in cancun my fiance was riding in a taxi with a female friend and a female friend of her friend. ..the taxi got pulled over by the police and they found a small bag of cocaine in the back seat. ..everybody denied it was theirs so the police took the three girls and the taxi driver to the police station for questioning. ...they all denied it was theirs , including the taxi driver. ...so the police gave all four people a urine test and the girl that was a friend of a friend failed the test and the taxi driver and my fiance and her friend were clean of drugs..then the one who failed the drug test admitted it was hers and my fiance, her friend , and the taxi driver were told that they can leave , and no record of this exists , when she went for visa interview the lady said she must get cancun police report to begin approved or denied. ..she went to cancun police and they took fingerprints and ran her name and it showed no arrests ever and no record ever. ..does that explain it ?

It may not be in admin process , the consulate said not eligible until you produce police report , so I don't know if this is admin process

Timeline

Last year in cancun my fiance was riding in a taxi with a female friend and a female friend of her friend. ..the taxi got pulled over by the police and they found a small bag of cocaine in the back seat. ..everybody denied it was theirs so the police took the three girls and the taxi driver to the police station for questioning. ...they all denied it was theirs , including the taxi driver. ...so the police gave all four people a urine test and the girl that was a friend of a friend failed the test and the taxi driver and my fiance and her friend were clean of drugs..then the one who failed the drug test admitted it was hers and my fiance, her friend , and the taxi driver were told that they can leave , and no record of this exists , when she went for visa interview the lady said she must get cancun police report to begin approved or denied. ..she went to cancun police and they took fingerprints and ran her name and it showed no arrests ever and no record ever. ..does that explain it ?

It may not be in admin process , the consulate said not eligible until you produce police report , so I don't know if this is admin process

that explains the delay.....the US govt is dotting their I's and crossing their T's to make sure your fiance or her friends are not involved in anything bigger than a small bag of coke. At times the embassy's reach into our lives is astounding.

Timeline

Do you have any idea of how long it generally takes them to " dot their i's and cross their t's and reach their decision. I can assure you that there is nothing in her past that is bad. She is a school teacher

Timeline

Do you have any idea of how long it generally takes them to " dot their i's and cross their t's and reach their decision. I can assure you that there is nothing in her past that is bad. She is a school teacher

it could take two weeks it could take a year. they don't give timetables. I am not saying your fiance is a bad person either. It is what it is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.