SenoraPossible

New Member... First Post... Feeling overwhelmed! I-130/Lawyers

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just read the I-864 instructions and it is silent on the question whether or not the income of a spouse who is working in the US without papers can be included as part of the family income -- please contact USCIS as soon as you can to get a definitive answer -- it may take some digging. Or if you know really experienced immigration lawyer, it would probably be worth a consult to get an answer.

Edited by AlmostDoneWhew

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The ITIN is instead of a social security number. It is primarily for people in the US without papers, but is also used by some foreign investors who live outside the country.

Thanks! :)

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes it is mandatory that someone is making at or above the poverty guideline for your household size which is 4. Which is $30,312. You will not be approved otherwise.

You would put None for Alien Number and File number since he doesn't have one. Remember the G-325A you fill one out and he fills one out.

Okay..... so can somebody tell me exactly what is a sponsor? (Or guide me to a thread previously posted). What exactly is a sponsor getting themselves into when they sponsor? I know a lawyer briefly explained it to me that it involves the person wanting a green card getting social security benefits which he said they wouldn't want to because it automatically will inhibit them from the green card or residency or.... something along those lines. Its irrelevant. We aren't doing anything we aren't supposed to and we won't in the future either. So supposedly a sponsor is someone who is responsible in the event that that immigrant does take out social security?

What are the risks/benefits(if any) involved? What information does the sponsor have to provide? What is expected of them? Will they need to go to any interviews?

1st What do you think all the illegals in this country are doing right now? Seating on the couch watching TV? Most illegals work and harder than many American born citizens.

Nobody is going to risk their lives coming here illegally for no reason, they come and perform jobs that pay pennies at home for hundreds or thousands of dollars here.

2nd You dnt need to be legal to pay taxes, you can't get refunds but if you are going to pay IRS is more than willing to take your money.

If you have an ITIN, as long as you aren't claiming a bajillion dependents, you can still get a tax refund. My husband is getting one.... albeit small... lol but they said we can amend once he gets his social.

10/2013 - Met Dancing Bachata

03/2014 - Officially Started Courting

04/2014 - Moved In Together

10/01/2014 - Got Married

03/11/2015 - First Baby Together Born

04/03/2015 - Lawyer Took & Sent Fingerprints to the FBI (Est 4-5 months to return)

05/23/2015 - I-130/(2)G-325A mailed on our own to get things officially started :)

05/26/2015 - USPS Tracking Confirmed that our package was picked up.

05/28/2015 - NOA1 RECEIVED via Text Message & Email! yayyyy!!!

Case number assigned. Will now be transferred to Texas Service Center.

Timeline

oh also....
regarding these papers.... I-130, G-325A(mine and his) and then the 1601A.....
1) The I-130 and (2) G-325A's get mailed in together correct?
2) Do I need to have a sponsor before I even mail the I-130?

3) If for some crazy reason we can find a sponsor, is there another form that should get mailed in with the I-130.... or when/how do we submit their information?

4) When does the 1601A get sent in?

10/01/2014 - Got Married

04/03/2015 - Lawyer Took & Sent Fingerprints to the FBI (Est 4-5 months to return)

05/23/2015 - I-130/(2)G-325A mailed on our own to get things officially started :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

oh also....

regarding these papers.... I-130, G-325A(mine and his) and then the 1601A.....

1) The I-130 and (2) G-325A's get mailed in together correct?

2) Do I need to have a sponsor before I even mail the I-130?

3) If for some crazy reason we can find a sponsor, is there another form that should get mailed in with the I-130.... or when/how do we submit their information?

4) When does the 1601A get sent in?

The I-130 and G-325A is part of your petition package. The I-864 (Affidavit of support...needing a joint sponsor) comes months later when your case goes to NVC (National Visa Center).

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

I read a few times the information on this form as well as what's on the bottom. I believe I understand now that a sponsor is if the beneficiary becomes a public charge? Is that correct?

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864.pdf

10/01/2014 - Got Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He should reconsider DACA, seems a no brainer to me.

Illegal work does not count for sponsorship. Essentially it relates to means tested beneits.

Mexico processes the largest number of immigrant visas and I assume many need a waiver

DACA avoids the need for a waiver so has many advantages especially here where I think a lawyer would be needed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

1st What do you think all the illegals in this country are doing right now? Seating on the couch watching TV? Most illegals work and harder than many American born citizens.

Nobody is going to risk their lives coming here illegally for no reason, they come and perform jobs that pay pennies at home for hundreds or thousands of dollars here.

2nd You dnt need to be legal to pay taxes, you can't get refunds but if you are going to pay IRS is more than willing to take your money.

Ahem o :oops: there it is

Timeline

Questions about our 130 packet as we really really want to submit this tomorrow!!! :)

It says to include A passport style photo for each... We got them taken this evening. Do I include both pics given for each person? Usually when you get a passport they want both photos but I know this is different.

I didn't see anywhere where it asks for my husband's(the immigrant) info or documents. Should I send a copy of his birth certificate, passport, matricula/Consular ID etc?

Should I enclose copies of social security cards for myself and our daughter that we have together?

Should I send a few pics of us from the time we met until present.... spending holidays together, traveling together, newspaper articles of us dancing, going out, etc to prove that we are legitimately in love?

10/01/2014 - Got Married

Timeline

Question..... Form I-130..... box 16:
Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings?

Check yes or no and check a box why.
Options are for removal, exclusion/deportation, rescission, or judicial proceedings.

When my husband was crossing over without inspection, he was right on the front about to cross into USA. He wasn't arrested because he was obedient to the officer but they did send him back to Mexico.... taking his fingerprints, info, copies of birth cert, etc. Since he has been here he has never had any issues with immigration, law enforcement or anything else aside from when he attempted to cross years ago.

What do I put in this box?

10/01/2014 - Got Married

Timeline

Questions about our 130 packet as we really really want to submit this tomorrow!!! :)

It says to include A passport style photo for each... We got them taken this evening. Do I include both pics given for each person? Usually when you get a passport they want both photos but I know this is different.

I didn't see anywhere where it asks for my husband's(the immigrant) info or documents. Should I send a copy of his birth certificate, passport, matricula/Consular ID etc?

Should I enclose copies of social security cards for myself and our daughter that we have together?

Should I send a few pics of us from the time we met until present.... spending holidays together, traveling together, newspaper articles of us dancing, going out, etc to prove that we are legitimately in love?

It says to include A passport style photo for each... do I include both pics given for each person? Usually when you get a passport they want both photos but I know this is different. You go to any Walgreens or Drug store or post office that takes passport pics. You need one for each G-325A. Be sure to put full name and birthdate on back.

I didn't see anywhere where it asks for his info or documents. Should I send a copy of his birth certificate, passport, matricula etc? His documents are not needed until you go to NVC

Should I enclose copies of social security cards for myself and our daughter that we have together? No that is not necessary information. I would enclose your daughters birth certificate so they know you have a child together .

Should I send a few pics of us from the time we met until present.... spending holidays together, traveling together, going out, etc to prove that we are legitimately in love? You need to send in evidence to show a bonafide marriage. You live together so you should have bunches of stuff. Include pics of varies events, if his and your name on bills bank accounts.

I would also be getting some affidavits from friends and family of your relationship. Seek a lawyer for free consultation on your waiver you will have to file.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Options are for removal, exclusion/deportation, rescission, or judicial proceedings.

When my husband was crossing over without inspection, he was right on the front about to cross into USA. He wasn't arrested because he was obedient to the officer but they did send him back to Mexico.... taking his fingerprints, info, copies of birth cert, etc. Since he has been here he has never had any issues with immigration, law enforcement or anything else aside from when he attempted to cross years ago.

The answer is No. That wasn't immigration proceedings that was a entry refusal.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

For 130 question 17.... am I putting my info with our children's or his? I put mine but now that I'm reviewing it it is asking questions about "my relative" so I'm thinking I should have put my husbands info down instead of mine.

10/01/2014 - Got Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please understand that the fact that he was stopped at the border, fingerprinted and turned around before reentering illegally could be a HUGE issue. The attorney wanting to do background checks is doing so for a reason, although there is no way to know definitely if the CBP (border patrol) sent his information to USCIS/ICE. They most likely did, though.

If he reentered after being turned around, he could potentially have a permanent ban. On a waiver teleconference from a month ago or so, they were talking of people having their waivers approved only to leave for their home country for their immigrant visa interview and be DENIED because of this exact issue. They are now stuck in their home country and banned from ever reentering the US.

Please do not do this on your own. Consult an attorney and follow their advice. Consider doing DACA instead.

Edited by 1.618

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.