Teddy B

Three Simple Rules Poor Teens Should Follow to Join the Middle Class

51 posts in this topic

this really doesn't ring true for me. i was married, 23 when my son was born. ged, bit o' community college. had already been employed full time for six years. meh. guess nothing's simple.

Nothing is bulletproof. I knew a guy who always looked both ways before crossing the street but got killed when a piano dropped on his head.

I agree with this 100%! It's sad to see what passes as a man in today's world. They're more like little boys stuck in a mans body.

That's because it is hard for a woman to raise a man to be a man.

Nothing is bulletproof. I knew a guy who always looked both ways before crossing the street but got killed when a piano dropped on his head.

just saying there's a reason upward class mobility is a joke in this country. not sure why so many of us think it's seriously a thing.

Bull.

it is hard for a woman to raise a man, seriously.

My parents are blue collar workers - mother stacking/packing produce at grocery store and father a taxi-driver working 12 hours EVERDAY rain or sunshine.

They are not very educated but they strongly believe in Education is a way out of poverty.

They work very hard to put 3 of us through college.

I believe it is one's attitude that helps one succeed in life.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

My parents are blue collar workers - mother stacking/packing produce at grocery store and father a taxi-driver working 12 hours EVERDAY rain or sunshine.
They are not very educated but they strongly believe in Education is a way out of poverty.
They work very hard to put 3 of us through college.
I believe it is one's attitude that helps one succeed in life.

attitude and luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

just saying there's a reason upward class mobility is a joke in this country. not sure why so many of us think it's seriously a thing.

it is hard for a woman to raise a man, seriously.

When you say man, do you mean husband or kid?

Looking at the males who post here do you think they are more capable than the women posting here of raising a son???

Complete fallacy. Women raise men;)

When you say man, do you mean husband or kid?

Looking at the males who post here do you think they are more capable than the women posting here of raising a son???

Complete fallacy. Women raise men;)

kid..i'm not saying it doesn't happen, or that women can't raise good men. i'm just saying boys need positive male influence, not that they get it, but they need it. especially if the boy had that male influence early in life, but that influence 'loses interest' and disappears. it creates a void that a mother can't fill no matter how much she wants or tries to.