newbud

Online status N400

11 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding online status of N400. I applied in first week of march and didn't send the form (I don't remember the number) to get online updates of case status and text messages. But after I received case number N*xxxxxxxx, I logged into my USCIS account, which I created last year for I751 and registered my N400 case, with the expectation of getting text or email updates. I clicked Y to email and text alerts. But I don't receive any updates. I got bio. appointment letter and did bio last week, but case online still says that they received application and processing it.

So my question is, is it the right way of registering case online or I am doing something wrong? Is there someone who didn't send form initially, but registered case later on and getting regular updates?

That form only lets you know they have accepted it. Now you get receipts and biometrics letter so don't worry about it.

It will change when they put you in line for interview or schedule your interview. Be patient.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

I've been a USC since March of 2014.

My online status still says:

On January 31, 2014, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*xxxxxXx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

:rofl::huh:

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

On January 31, 2014, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*xxxxxXx. We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

:wacko: hopefully its not the case with me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you miss the good old days, you could call them and ask them to update it! :-)

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

If you miss the good old days, you could call them and ask them to update it! :-)

Ha, Jimmy! No thanks. I'd rather go to the dratted dentist. :content: My approach to the whole immigration experience very much aligns with Ronco's tagline for his Ronco Rotisserie: SET IT, AND FORGET IT! :rofl:

Incidentally, your N400 is coming up shortly, so that's very exciting indeed. Hopefully, Houston's backlog is mitigated soon. Do they have same-day oaths?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Incidentally, your N400 is coming up shortly, so that's very exciting indeed. Hopefully, Houston's backlog is mitigated soon. Do they have same-day oaths?

Nope.. no same-day oaths in Houston.

I'll be applying soon, but I'm in no hurry; I've lived here for 15 years.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Nope.. no same-day oaths in Houston.

I'll be applying soon, but I'm in no hurry; I've lived here for 15 years.

Sounds very close to my story. 20 years now in NYC right into Uni. from HS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.