Lost in MoA

Need to withdraw petition from Manila embassy

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Aloha,

I am having trouble with the petition withdrawal procedure During a chat with embassy I was told to do this

(my comments are preceded with **) -

Okay. You need to write and send us a letter if you are ready and decided to cancel the petition.
Send it to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com.
Write the letter stating that your requesting to cancel the petition with your signature.

**wouldn't signing an email be a bit difficult?

Actually, the letter that you will going to send us will be forwarded to the U.S Embassy in Immigrant Visa Unit.

**so this can be done entirely by email?

Yes Sir. You will receive a notification through email once we have an update about your concern.
**and that's how i would know the withdrawal was final
Yes you will know it, they will notify you about your petition.

Trust me, I did exactly as told, even tho signing an email still baffles me. Anyways, I get this reply back -

In regard to your query, the petitioner must send a signed written statement requesting that the petition be withdrawn and explaining the reason, please sent it to support-philippones@ustraveldocs.com. If an attorney or accredited representative submits the request, a G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative, must accompany the request.

That's exactly what I did. Can someone please tell me what I am missing?? I feel like I am in purgatory and I need to escape.

Mahalo,

Bill

Did you write a letter, sign it, scan it and attach it to the email?

Citizenship  :dancing:

19-FEB-2020 - Oath Ceremony, Passport Application, Voter Registration - ALL DONE!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing:

03-FEB-2020 - Received Oath Ceremony Notice (19-FEB-2020)

29-JAN-2020 - Interview complete - APPROVED!!!:dancing:😁

20-DEC-2019 - Received Interview Notice (29-JAN-2020)

18-JUL-2019 - Biometrics Appointment

29-JUN-2019 - NOA Date

24-JUN-2019 - N-400 Submitted Online

ROC

23-OCT-2017 - I-751 Filed. (USPS Priority Mail)

23-OCT-2017 - Packet Delivered and signed for

27-OCT-2017 - NOA Date - Received 02-NOV-2017

2018               - Biometrics and Interviewed Waived

11-Jan-2019 - I-751 Approved

14-Jan-2019 - 10 YearGreen Card Received :dancing:

AOS

20-May-2015 - I-485 Filed, Filed I-765, I-131 at same time. (USPS Express Mail)

21-MAY-2015 - Packet Delivered and signed for

26-May-2015 - NOA Date

16-Jun-2015 - Biometrics Appointment

19-Jan-2016 - I-485 AOS Approval I-797 by mail

27-Jan-2016 - 2 Year Green Card Received :dancing:

EAD, AP

20-May-2015 - Filed I-765, I-131 with AOS I-485 (USPS Express Mail)

21-MAY-2015 - Packet Delivered and signed for

26-May-2015 - NOA Date

16-Jun-2015 - Biometrics Appointment

03-Aug-2015 - EAD & AP Approved

16-Aug-2015 - Card Mailed (online update)

19-AUG-2015 - Card Received

:thumbs:(L)(F):thumbs:

K-1

05-SEP-2014 - I-129F Petition Package Sent

11-SEP-2014 - NOA1 Email Received - Assigned to CSC

20-OCT-2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

03-FEB-2015 - Interview - APPROVED

25-APR-2015 - POE Minneapolis

16-May-2015 - Married, Brooklyn Park, MN (L):rolleyes::D:dancing:

05-DEC-2015 - Son enters on K-2

Timeline

Honestly, that was in the back of my mind. But I thought if it were that simple, they would have said so.

I will give that a shot... Mahalo sir!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Write a letter and get it notarized and send it to US Embassy in Manila

Also send a one to USCIS and one to NVC, These will be forwarded to USEM and will be a back up

In about one month you will get a letter from USEM stating your petition has been withdrawn upon your request........

You can sign a document in PDF format using the trackpad on your laptop. If you type up the letter and then convert it to a PDF, go to Tools-Annotate-Signature. It's not the neatest signature, but gets the job done.

Timeline

@megandeli Mahalo x 158!! Worked perfectly.. Hopefully the embassy will accept it. Mahalo again..

@jamericangirl I'd never consider doing what you suggest. That's wrong at so many levels.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can also do nothing and your petition will expire/terminate one year from USCIS date of approval. I know this from my own experience. :)

The problem with that is it will take USCIS about 3 years to send you a letter saying your petition has expired and is being sent back from Embassy to USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@Bill and Bebs, Glad the sig worked, sorry it didn't work out for you guys now, I've been there. Also, I thought the same thing when I was dealing with that. I emailed and verbally spoke to IO at the consulate and what I told you is what I was informed to do by both email and phone. @ VOL, Knowing how slow this process is I could totally see that but I received my notice 3 months after termination.

Timeline

You're welcome! Glad it worked out :)

It didn't.. I got this reply... I used an actual digital signature. No explainations whatsoever. Any more ideas??? This is suckiing the life out of me. I want this to end.

Thank you for responding to US Visa Service Desk.

We have received your attachment.

In regard to your query, to withdraw a petition, you must send a signed written statement requesting that the petition be withdrawn and explaining the reason to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com. If an attorney or accredited representative submits the request, a G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative, must accompany the request.

Do let us know if you have any queries.

Timeline

Yes that's my next step... Thank you for sticking with me. I appreciate it... This is a horrible experience.. It's bad

enough I have to withdraw, but now this.. I want it to end.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.