39 posts in this topic

Yes, I'm firing those lawyers. I'll just do it by myself. Hopefully I won't have any problems anymore. We're just waiting for my fiance's divorce decree, hopefully we get it this week.

Hey it's me, lol. Just go to the link inside that thread and since you already put the site down print out their terms of service and highlight the correct area. Basically just follow what I said in that thread.

Oh and I'm sure you firgured it out by now, but lawyer's are a waste for 98% of petitions.

Nothing needs notarized in the whole process.

Hi, how do you explain the site? Like what did you say? In the RFE that we got, it states there... "you are required to submit the name of the website/service and a copy of the signed written consent form that the IMB obtained from the beneficiary." Do i have to explain the whole site? Or just tell them the name? Or write adeclaration of how we met? Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

The lawyers said they only need the latest divorce decree. Good thing my fiance still thought of requesting his 1st divorce decree ahead of time.

yet again waisted money for a lawyer who obviously doesn't know his/her job. we also got an RFE for the divorce decree of first marriage ( my now husband was married twice as well before me ). so it is needed. and so is the letter of intent from BOTH !

Hi guys! We received the RFE today. They need 3 things:

-divorce decree of 1st marriage (he was married twice and doesn't have a copy of the 1st divorce decree, we asked the lawyer if they still need the 1st decree, they said no, so we just send the latest divorce decree and HELLO rfe!)

-Intent to marry letter (I asked the lawyer if I still need to make an intent letter, they said no, only my fiance will do it,so HELLO rfe again!)

-IMB certificate (this one is a little odd, we wrote on the application that we met online, it's on FILIPINOCUPID.COM, is it considered as an IMB?)

Please help me on how to deal with the intent letter and the IMB thing... thank you!

And also...

He needs to get the divorce decree in Hawaii, he sent a request a month ago, because he's doubting that he still need the 1st divorce decree. How long does it take to get a divorce decree in Hawaii, my fiance lives in Montana now.

Fire your lawyer! He sucks! Then use VJ to complete the process. Good luck and God Bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, how do you explain the site? Like what did you say? In the RFE that we got, it states there... "you are required to submit the name of the website/service and a copy of the signed written consent form that the IMB obtained from the beneficiary." Do i have to explain the whole site? Or just tell them the name? Or write adeclaration of how we met? Thanks

Hi MissMae

Is a good idea to print the terms and conditions from filipinocupid and add them to your rfe.

You can also in a separate page write an explanation about the purpose of the site; could be something like this:

Dear service center professional

As we explained in our petition I met my Fianceé online through the site Filipinocupid.com

Please be advised that section 4 (B) (ii) of IMBRA exempts dating companies whose principal business is not to provide dating services between US citizens and foreign nationals so long as it charges comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals regardless of gender or country of citizenship. Consequently Filipinocupid is exempt as it falls within this exemption (as do many other large dating companies).

Full information regarding IMBRA can be found here http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/images/IMBRA2005.pdf

Go to page 14 and highlight the part that says:

(4) INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE BROKER.— (A) IN GENERAL.—The term ‘‘international marriage broker’’ means a corporation, partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as permanent residents and foreign national clients by providing personal contact information or otherwise facilitating communication between individuals. (B) EXCEPTIONS.—Such term does not include— (i) a traditional matchmaking organization of a cultural or religious nature that operates on a nonprofit basis and otherwise operates in compliance with the laws of the countries in which it operates, including the laws of the United States; or (ii) an entity that provides dating services if its principal business is not to provide international dating services between United States citizens or United States residents and foreign nationals and it charges comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals it serves regardless of the individual’s gender or country of citizenship.

Hope this helps!!

Anna

Edited by anna28

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! We received the RFE today. They need 3 things:

-divorce decree of 1st marriage (he was married twice and doesn't have a copy of the 1st divorce decree, we asked the lawyer if they still need the 1st decree, they said no, so we just send the latest divorce decree and HELLO rfe!)

-Intent to marry letter (I asked the lawyer if I still need to make an intent letter, they said no, only my fiance will do it,so HELLO rfe again!)

-IMB certificate (this one is a little odd, we wrote on the application that we met online, it's on FILIPINOCUPID.COM, is it considered as an IMB?)

Please help me on how to deal with the intent letter and the IMB thing... thank you!

And also...

He needs to get the divorce decree in Hawaii, he sent a request a month ago, because he's doubting that he still need the 1st divorce decree. How long does it take to get a divorce decree in Hawaii, my fiance lives in Montana now.

Obviously he will need to get a copy of the 1st divorce,

Letter of Intent to marry letter needs to be from both and with original signatures.

IMB - there was some discussion just recently about this on the Philippines forum. You will have to generate a letter with information that filipinocupid is not an IMB

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/544788-rfes-for-filipinocupidcom/

You will want to print out this information and include it with your response to the RFE http://www.filipinocupid.com/en/general/termsofuse

You can pop over to the Philippines forum too get some assistance as well. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi MissMae

Is a good idea to print the terms and conditions from filipinocupid and add them to your rfe.

You can also in a separate page write an explanation about the purpose of the site; could be something like this:

Dear service center professional

As we explained in our petition I met my Fianceé online through the site Filipinocupid.com

Please be advised that section 4 (B) (ii) of IMBRA exempts dating companies whose principal business is not to provide dating services between US citizens and foreign nationals so long as it charges comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals regardless of gender or country of citizenship. Consequently Filipinocupid is exempt as it falls within this exemption (as do many other large dating companies).

Full information regarding IMBRA can be found here http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/images/IMBRA2005.pdf

Go to page 14 and highlight the part that says:

(4) INTERNATIONAL MARRIAGE BROKER. (A) IN GENERAL.The term international marriage broker means a corporation, partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as permanent residents and foreign national clients by providing personal contact information or otherwise facilitating communication between individuals. (B) EXCEPTIONS.Such term does not include (i) a traditional matchmaking organization of a cultural or religious nature that operates on a nonprofit basis and otherwise operates in compliance with the laws of the countries in which it operates, including the laws of the United States; or (ii) an entity that provides dating services if its principal business is not to provide international dating services between United States citizens or United States residents and foreign nationals and it charges comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals it serves regardless of the individuals gender or country of citizenship.

Hope this helps!!

Anna

Thank you Anna! Hopefully this will satisfy them.

thank you guys! you're such a big help!

Hi guys... does anyone have the IMBRA form from filipinocupid? I emailed them, and they explained that they're not an IMB, and they ask US resident if they want to fill out an IMBRA form, just to prove that their site is not an IMB. But, we both closed our accounts and don't know where to get that form :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again! CSC received our response to the RFE. And we still need to wait till july 7 for their decision. Does it really take this long? Or they can decide before july 7? And is there any documents that i should be getting while waiting for their decision, just to save time And getting other documents ready. Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.