decocker

Maryland 'Free Range' Kids: The Police Timeline of Events

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah I think you are right..

On that second paragraph.. If I pull up the sex offender map and look at all the red dots with a square mile of my home.. It feels like ever neighbor is a registered sex offender.

That's kind of creepy. I had no idea that it showed pictures of the people and the charges. Three people in our area have charges of sexual assault on a child. We were planning to sell the house this summer, guess the kids will be staying indoors now until we move.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That's kind of creepy. I had no idea that it showed pictures of the people and the charges. Three people in our area have charges of sexual assault on a child. We were planning to sell the house this summer, guess the kids will be staying indoors now until we move.

And the creepier thing is that they do re-offend. I remember looking them up before we moved and there was one that lived by a business and a tourist spot with a lot of kids. He was quite old, but still gave me the chills. Come to find out, he wasn't done and got new charges last year for touching another two children.

None live in our town now and the sheriffs up here post a picture of any RSO moving to their county in the newspaper and hold a public meeting about their charges. I wouldn't have bought a house near any RSOs, but then again they can't live where we are because we are too close to a school.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

And the creepier thing is that they do re-offend. I remember looking them up before we moved and there was one that lived by a business and a tourist spot with a lot of kids. He was quite old, but still gave me the chills. Come to find out, he wasn't done and got new charges last year for touching another two children.

None live in our town now and the sheriffs up here post a picture of any RSO moving to their county in the newspaper and hold a public meeting about their charges. I wouldn't have bought a house near any RSOs, but then again they can't live where we are because we are too close to a school.

The weird thing is in our 8 block radius is an elementary school and a middle school. One of them lives 1 block away from the elementary school, and they're all within 3 blocks of the middle school.

Unfortunately, when I zoom out, it doesn't seem to get any better. It eventually turns into a sea of red dots.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hear-911-calls-led-police-free-range-kids/story?id=30360417

The issue that's going to come up here is the kids, by all accounts, were walking around talking to strangers to the extent that someone became concerned and called 911. There's a distinct difference between the kids playing on the playground vs the kids walking around on the streets.

According to the comments in the article linked above, the parents had rules for not engaging strangers. If your going to have a ten year old supervising a six your old, they need to be able to follow the guidelines the parents set. If not, they are just showing that they shouldn't be doing that. I think the path they are taking is an uphill battle, and I'm not sure they couldn't figure out a more reasonable way to accomplish what they intend.

QCjgyJZ.jpg