ohzee64

Early in the k1 process.. a few questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am early in my K1 application process. CSC is processing my papers or so they say. All I know is that I got a receipt letter dated for April 1. So at least I should be thankful that it was not rejected from the gate but Man! Can I just say how nerve wrecking this entire process is. Knowing the battle that I have in front of me. I see some people have been approved in 88 days while others wait for years. Not saying that I would not wait but certainly don't want to wait longer than the 5 months they are reporting on the timeline. It is causing me to stress out my fiancé as he appears cool calm and collected and he is the one who has to do the interview to travel to the US. I just think it is a shame that when two people love each other that they have to jump through these hoops to be together even if they are from different countries. I think it would be a lot easier if I just packed up and move to Jamaica. I realize that now it is out of my hands but I cant help but wonder if I sent enough evidence of a real relationship. It has not been a year, I traveled once and sent what I thought would be sufficient evidence, pictures, phone records, text, plane ticket, hotel and car rental while I was there. Lets see what else... the application of course and the money. Does anyone know what they do with the applications at the Service Centers and what exactly are they processing? Are they doing background checks on me or him or both. based on the information I sent what else could they or would they be looking for other than evidence of a bona fide relationship and why does it take them so long?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Calm your nerves. All you can do now is wait. Keep track of emails, cards, gifts etc. you will need to write a new letter agreeing to marry within 90 days. Get your tax transcripts together. Have all your ducks in a row for when the time comes. Good luck to you.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am early in my K1 application process. CSC is processing my papers or so they say. All I know is that I got a receipt letter dated for April 1. So at least I should be thankful that it was not rejected from the gate but Man! Can I just say how nerve wrecking this entire process is. Knowing the battle that I have in front of me. I see some people have been approved in 88 days while others wait for years. Not saying that I would not wait but certainly don't want to wait longer than the 5 months they are reporting on the timeline. It is causing me to stress out my fiancé as he appears cool calm and collected and he is the one who has to do the interview to travel to the US. I just think it is a shame that when two people love each other that they have to jump through these hoops to be together even if they are from different countries. I think it would be a lot easier if I just packed up and move to Jamaica. I realize that now it is out of my hands but I cant help but wonder if I sent enough evidence of a real relationship. It has not been a year, I traveled once and sent what I thought would be sufficient evidence, pictures, phone records, text, plane ticket, hotel and car rental while I was there. Lets see what else... the application of course and the money. Does anyone know what they do with the applications at the Service Centers and what exactly are they processing? Are they doing background checks on me or him or both. based on the information I sent what else could they or would they be looking for other than evidence of a bona fide relationship and why does it take them so long?

The highlighted things above are perfect primary evidence. You'll be ok. Pictures are good especially if they have identifiable things in them that make in obvious you are in the country with him, but they're are actually secondary evidence.

Beside you're at California and like the others said, it will be fast for you.

Edited by Shauneg

Do not think that the date listed on your timeline is what will happen.

Estimates on visajourney are only due to what people enter and sometimes it's wrong and we only count for a small percentage of the amount of petitions uscis get.

It could be shorter or it could be longer.

Aim for 6 months. Then if it takes that long you won't be shocked or upset. And if it takes less then you'll be over the moon.

If for some reason it takes more than that's when you can worry.

But until then just sit back and try not to freak out.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.