8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So we just got our NOA2! Just realized I don't know what to do next! Do we wait for our case number or do we have to call...I'm confused...The USCIS website says "You should only complete these steps (DS-160, sending documents, and medical) if you have received notification from the Embassy confirming that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit in London." That's not the NOA2 right? Please help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

So we just got our NOA2! Just realized I don't know what to do next! Do we wait for our case number or do we have to call...I'm confused...The USCIS website says "You should only complete these steps (DS-160, sending documents, and medical) if you have received notification from the Embassy confirming that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit in London." That's not the NOA2 right? Please help!

Wait a couple weeks, then call NVC to get your new case number from them. NVC will probably get your petition 14-30 days after your NOA2. You can do the DS-160 after getting your case # from NVC, and with some embassies you can set up the medical appointment, but I don't know about London. The embassy will contact you once it receives your petition.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wait a couple weeks, then call NVC to get your new case number from them. NVC will probably get your petition 14-30 days after your NOA2. You can do the DS-160 after getting your case # from NVC, and with some embassies you can set up the medical appointment, but I don't know about London. The embassy will contact you once it receives your petition.

I was filling out the Ds-160 yesterday and nowhere was the case number asked for.

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a great pinned thread in the UK Regional Forum about the K1 process for folks going through London: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

Suggest that you check-in at the UK Regional Forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I was filling out the Ds-160 yesterday and nowhere was the case number asked for.

Yeah it did, you probably put in your USCIS # in though, which is also acceptable. That's what many of us do.

edited to add: I suppose the OP could do the DS-160 now too. Doesn't really matter, but seems a bit silly to do it so early. Never know what might change between now and the interview, which probably won't be for awhile.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Congrats!

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

NOTICE OF ACTION 2 from the USCIS is a paper that tells you that the petition was approved.

Then USCIS hands off your file to the Dept of State (DOS). That is NVC first then on to the embassy. The NVC will assign you a new DOS case number. It is not part of the official required process to call NVC for the number, but everybody does. The NVC notifies the petitioner of the new case number. The embassy notifies the beneficiary also.

Each embassy does their part differently, so follow what happens in London and not other countries.

London will send the beneficiary a letter of instruction to say they have your file and are ready for you to apply for the visa. That is what VJ calls Packet 3, but that is an old term no longer used. That is the point that you are supposed to start the DS-160, medical, (no documents are sent), and the Readiness for Interview online form.

Now find the UK forum and learn all the right things to do and ask your questions about London there.

To everybody, not just UK. The DS-160 actually asks for your USCIS case number, not the new number from NVC.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Only time I've needed the NVC case number has been when I scheduled the interview. The DS-160 asked for the USCIS case number. Unless you're in a hurry to schedule the medical you might as well just wait for the paper from NVC to arrive in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.