michy9

Obtaining an Argentina certificado de antecedentes penales out of country

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, all. Wondering if its accurate when I say that Fiance needs to go to an Argentina Embassy to complete the certificado de antecedentes penales . I know the part...

You must obtain the nationally produced "Certificado de Antecedentes Penales" issued by the "Registro Nacional de Reincidencia" of the Federal Ministry of Justice and Human Rights at Tucumán 1353, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires.

The petition must specifically mention that the certificate is requested "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal".

For further information, please contact the above mentioned office by phone: 4374-5611/ 12/ 13. or visit the web site where you will find additional information at: http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/Atencion_Particular.aspx

I then get to http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/SolicitudCertificado/Default.aspx?mod=mandatario with the instructions about going to the embassy. But the drop down selection makes you choose a $ delivery option , and a type of representative. He is doing this, so I found the personal selection @ http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/SolicitudCertificado/Default.aspx?mod=personal but its instructions are for doing this within Argentina, I believe.

He is in Medellin, so he needs to travel to Bogota for this completed form? And could we choose the 24 hour delivery and pick it up? Wanted to do this over the internet now, but may have to do this right before our K1 interview; but cutting it close sounds stressful. Any Input? Thanks

Edited by michy9

Filed: Timeline

So, FYI, I found out that yes, to obtain this document, one has to go to the Argentinian embassy after starting the form from the above links. The document is emailed in 6 hrs to 5 days (depending how much you want to pay). Was hoping to do this sooner, but we will now include this step on our interview trip. Any others with similar experience? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.