1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

PHOTOCOPY vs. ORIGINAL of Translation Certification - FOR INTERVIEW ITSELF

I am trying to clarify mixed signals on whether an ORIGINAL of Translation Certification is required at AOS Interview. I realize the photocopies are fine for submission, but the question is later at the interview, will the lack of original signature come up.

Do these REV dot COM services that only provide PDF of translation backfire at the interview when an original is requested and you do not have an original INK signature available? Many online translators insist their PDF only service is sufficient, yet it seems to violate the written USCIS rules as below.

SEE LINK:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/file-my-application-online-e-filing/how-do-i-know-if-i-need-original-documents

SO even though no RFE, wondering whether to obtain another independent attestation of translation from another 3rd party to bring to Interview and whether that should be Notarized or Not Notarized.

Submission of Supporting Documents - Original vs. Photocopy - If a supporting document is prepared by the issuing authority solely for the purpose of presentation to USCIS, an applicant or petitioner must submit the original document with the application or petition. Examples of supporting documents which must be presented in the original are:
Form I-20 issued by a Designated School Official to a foreign student
Form DS-2019 issued by a Program Officer to an Exchange Visitor
Labor Certification issued by the Department of Labor
Labor Condition Agreement with the Department of Labor endorsement
Form I-693 Medical Examination issued by a authorized civil surgeon
Vaccination Sign-off Supplement to Medical Examination Certificate
Attestations, formal consultations and advisory opinions (e.g., a letter from a recognized expert attesting to someone’s extraordinary professional skills)
Affidavits prepared in place of unavailable documents (e.g., an affidavit in place of a birth certificate where the official records were destroyed by fire)
Translations of documents (even when the rules allow submission of a photocopy of the document itself.)
NOTE: If the applicant or petitioner has already submitted the original document to the USCIS in connection with another matter, he or she may submit a photocopy along with an explanation of when and why the original was previously sent to the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.