clee0227

Chinese birth certificate

5 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was born in Shanghai, China and moved to Canada when i was 3 years old. Now, I've been in the US (Seattle, WA) for 8 years and trying to get my permanent residency through my work.

I do have a one page Chinese Birth Certificate I got in 1980 (my birth year). Its front page says Gong Zheng Chu. The immigrant lawyers says I need a 4 page booklet that includes the Chinese birth certificate, English translation of the birth certificate, proof of translation in Chinese and proof of translation in English. My immigrant lawyer says that I can't go and just get my original one page Chinese Birth Certificate translated and notarized, that the Application for Status change requires the full 4 page book.

My question is, is there any way to obtain this 4 page booklet from here, Seattle WA? I have 2 young kids and have no plans to travel all the way to China.

If there is no way I can get it from here. What do I need to send over to a friend or family member so that they can help me obtain this 4 page booklet?

There is no Chinese embassy in Seattle, WA I can call about this. I don't even know where to start. If someone can point me to any "official" website that lists the documents needed or even where in Shanghai China I can get this, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you for reading this and hopefully you can help me out!

Christina.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi, maybe this will help:

Try to call the Chinese consulate in USA, Google it and you can find the numbers and email address there; they should be able to help;

Also, I did get a translation for my birth certificate ( I'm from another country though) from https://www.uscts.com/, they were fast and do work with transaltions for immigration documents, they did a great job and weren't expensive.

Hope it helped! Good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Agree try the San Francisco consulate. Do you have any family in China that can assist you in your quest? As previously noted, it sounds like you will likely need the four-page Notary Certificate (AKA White Book).

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.