ALIENRJ187

So the I-129F wait time is about five months right? My petition was approved in exactly THREE WEEKS!!!

55 posts in this topic

Actually, the average spousal visa process time is minimum one year. And to me, a spousal visa should be faster than a fiancé visa as a spouse is already married to a USC and hence immediate family.

OP, congratulations on your fast approval.

I never say anything about the average time and even a year average time might be faster then the people waiting at the tsc service center for approval . I stated that my wife visa was approve in less time then k-1 petitions are even being approve that is not counting the time at the nvc and embassy for the k-1 visa

I do agree that spouse visa should be faster. However since there is more stuff involved AOS and being issue a green card right away I can see why it will take longer compare to just submitting a petition and then having an interview

My point was that there is something definitely wrong with the TSC service center processing time

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

First congratulations

Secondly you have to understand when the USCIS website says 5 months that means within 5 months

Anything under 5 months is reported as 5 months

Also for the people who are waiting and having been waiting a very long time at tsc your post seems a little insensitive

Why would it be insensitive? In my opinion your making the OP feel badly because they had a quick approval is insensitive, there is no need to be a kill joy. I understand why people stuck at TSC are discouraged, but I'm getting tired of TSC people taking their frustrations out on CSC people. There is absolutely no need to make them feel awful over something they have ABSOLUTELY no control over. They have the right to share their happiness without being made feel guilty. And believe it or not as the OP stated, most people are not even aware of the difference in processing times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Why would it be insensitive? In my opinion your making the OP feel badly because they had a quick approval is insensitive, there is no need to be a kill joy. I understand why people stuck at TSC are discouraged, but I'm getting tired of TSC people taking their frustrations out on CSC people. There is absolutely no need to make them feel awful over something they have ABSOLUTELY no control over. They have the right to share their happiness without being made feel guilty. And believe it or not as the OP stated, most people are not even aware of the difference in processing times.

Kastrs wasn't trying to make the OP feel bad for the quick approval. None of us TSCers are doing that intentionally or "taking our frustrations out" on you. It's the phrasing of certain posts that are, by definition, insensitive to those who are suffering immense grief at TSC. Just as I've seen all over members' signatures and on the site itself, people should research more before they post. The OP would have known why they were approved so quickly if they had done this, for example. I'm sure we've all been guilty of it in the past, but we're encouraged to figure stuff out on our own before posting. It saves time and can provide context that will avoid awkward situations like this.

And, yeah, we should probably be a little less sensitive. But if you haven't experienced TSC you can't imagine what it feels like and how on edge and desperate many of us are, especially after the transfer announcement that's not actually happening. I guarantee you there was more than one nervous breakdown among TSCers in the past few weeks, so let's just give each other a break.

Kastrs wasn't trying to make the OP feel bad for the quick approval. None of us TSCers are doing that intentionally or "taking our frustrations out" on you. It's the phrasing of certain posts that are, by definition, insensitive to those who are suffering immense grief at TSC. Just as I've seen all over members' signatures and on the site itself, people should research more before they post. The OP would have known why they were approved so quickly if they had done this, for example. I'm sure we've all been guilty of it in the past, but we're encouraged to figure stuff out on our own before posting. It saves time and can provide context that will avoid awkward situations like this.

And, yeah, we should probably be a little less sensitive. But if you haven't experienced TSC you can't imagine what it feels like and how on edge and desperate many of us are, especially after the transfer announcement that's not actually happening. I guarantee you there was more than one nervous breakdown among TSCers in the past few weeks, so let's just give each other a break.

I have been a member on this forum under another name since 2012 but made a different account and name so the ex couldn't stalk me on this one. When I sent the packet out in March I checked the timetables here for the CSC http://www.uscisprocessingtimes.org/uscis-service-centers/california-service-center-processing-times/ and it clearly showed 5 months as the processing times for I129F visa petitions. I assumed other centers were about the same, until I looked and saw they were either also 5 months or up to a year waiting time which I recently checked after going over the posts here today. Had no need to check other service centers since my petition wasn't being sent to them. And since I expected it to be 5 months since my petition in 2012 was also 5 months waiting AND the above link also stated 5 months, the fact it took 3 weeks was surprising and shocking to me. I didn't know if I was a special case or I just sent so much relevant information that they said yeah this one is good and let it continue on. I also thought it might have been a fluke too and I'd get another letter sometime later stating sorry there was an error you still have to wait or some other situation like that. I've never heard of this happening before to ANYONE so that's why I asked if it happened to anyone else as well. I haven't kept up on posts here lately so this being a huge problem between difference service centers and their backlogs was not something I was aware of.

I did not put in for an expedited application, just a standard I129F as I'm no one special and nothing would qualify me for special circumstances. Thank you to everyone who has responded so far, and I truly hope all your petitions are able to go through quickly as well so no one has to be apart from their loved ones anymore.

K1 Visa Timeline

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3/11/2015

I-129F NOA1 : 3/17/2015

I-129F NOA2 : 4/7/2015

NVC Received : 5/5/2015

Embassy Received : 5/26/2015

Interview Date : 7/8/2015 (APPROVED)

Visa Received : 7/15/2015

US Entry : 9/21/2015

Married : 12/12/2015

Adjustment of Status Timeline

Spoiler

AOS Sent : 1/30/2016

AOS Received Text : 2/1/2016

I-797s Received : 2/6/2016

Biometrics Letter : 2/13/2016

Biometrics Appt : 2/25/2016

Interview Letter : 3/18/2016

EAD/AP Approval online : 4/11/2016

Interview Appt : 4/15/2016 (APPROVED)

Green card in hand : 4/23/2016

Removal of Conditions Timeline

Spoiler

ROC Sent: 2/20/2018

ROC delivered by USPS: 2/23/2018

I-797 received: 3/2/2018

Biometrics Letter: 5/12/2018 (using old fingerprints)

18 Month Extension Letter: 8/27/2018

Green Card Mailed: 2/15/2019

Notice Received in Mail: 2/16/2019

Green Card Received: 2/22/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I have been a member on this forum under another name since 2012 but made a different account and name so the ex couldn't stalk me on this one. When I sent the packet out in March I checked the timetables here for the CSC http://www.uscisprocessingtimes.org/uscis-service-centers/california-service-center-processing-times/ and it clearly showed 5 months as the processing times for I129F visa petitions. I assumed other centers were about the same, until I looked and saw they were either also 5 months or up to a year waiting time which I recently checked after going over the posts here today. Had no need to check other service centers since my petition wasn't being sent to them. And since I expected it to be 5 months since my petition in 2012 was also 5 months waiting AND the above link also stated 5 months, the fact it took 3 weeks was surprising and shocking to me. I didn't know if I was a special case or I just sent so much relevant information that they said yeah this one is good and let it continue on. I also thought it might have been a fluke too and I'd get another letter sometime later stating sorry there was an error you still have to wait or some other situation like that. I've never heard of this happening before to ANYONE so that's why I asked if it happened to anyone else as well. I haven't kept up on posts here lately so this being a huge problem between difference service centers and their backlogs was not something I was aware of.

I did not put in for an expedited application, just a standard I129F as I'm no one special and nothing would qualify me for special circumstances. Thank you to everyone who has responded so far, and I truly hope all your petitions are able to go through quickly as well so no one has to be apart from their loved ones anymore.

That's actually what I meant by researching before posting---looking at other posts on VJ, not just the official site which inherently can only say so much as it's government-run. However, I think it does mention at the top of the processing times page that even if a center is processing under 5 months it will still only say '5 months'. The advantage of VJ is obviously its insider "secrets" and access to insights you won't find anywhere else on the web for the most part, so that's why people are encouraged to search the forums for old posts that address their issues and questions.

But I do understand what you're saying and I think there is value in "bumping" certain topics up to the top of the forum in the form of new posts so others don't have to go digging for answers (but this topic just happens to be the theme of a large percentage of posts in the forum for a while now so it's considered common knowledge at this point). Anyway, congratulations on your approval. Sorry, I really should have said that first!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations,

How did you meet your fiance? If you don't mind me asking?

I filed and withdrew 2 petitions I had to wait 18 months for the girl I married. When she brought a 3" stack of evidence with her the CO said he was going to deny her but he changed the blue to a pink slip and she got approved.

Congratulations,

How did you meet your fiance? If you don't mind me asking?

I filed and withdrew 2 petitions I had to wait 18 months for the girl I married. When she brought a 3" stack of evidence with her the CO said he was going to deny her but he changed the blue to a pink slip and she got approved.

We met on Internationalcupid.com. Became friends for awhile before we decided to start dating. That stack size sounds about equivalent to the amount I sent in with the petition.

K1 Visa Timeline

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I just wish this kind of posts bragging about "how fast" their approval were stop. Very insensitive IMHO.

Regards.

Yeah I get it, people think I'm bragging. After a short hiatus I joined up again under a different name and did a few posts and some reading. Never saw any posts like this before so made mine. Maybe I read different forums or search for different things than many people do. Didn't mean to make it sound bragging and I don't think I did, just trying to share the good news. Please read the other posts to see we already discussed that I asked questions about is this being normal and how does this happen and the like and finding out that times listed on the government websites are not always accurate. They were accurate when I applied 3 years ago and are not accurate now in some cases.. CSC is faster, TSC is not, it sucks and I'm sorry for that, but try not to take it out on me when I'm just trying to share good news with people who I thought would understand.

K1 Visa Timeline

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not think you meant any harm, just probably did not know of the vast time differences in approval times, of the two service centers.

I would be excited too if I was you!

Just remember the golden rule, "NEVER but a ticket, or plan an event UNTIL, you have your visa in your passport.

We thought my wife was coming to the USA in Jan. 2013, she came April 24, 2013! STUFF happens!

Congrats, on your approval, and please no "plans set in stone" until a visa is in the passport.,.,..just some advice.

I do not think you meant any harm, just probably did not know of the vast time differences in approval times, of the two service centers.

I would be excited too if I was you!

Just remember the golden rule, "NEVER but a ticket, or plan an event UNTIL, you have your visa in your passport.

We thought my wife was coming to the USA in Jan. 2013, she came April 24, 2013! STUFF happens!

Congrats, on your approval, and please no "plans set in stone" until a visa is in the passport.,.,..just some advice.

I will keep this in mind, I made plans for the wedding date with a place and they put in the paperwork that we could change the date for whatever reason for no fee as long as they had openings available. I figured it will be a good step at showing proof of ongoing relationship when it comes to the interview time. Now that I'll have to change the date to sooner I have to see what is available and update that contract so I can send a copy of it to the fiancée as well. We are definitely not buying a plane ticket yet, price on those is quite high and they aren't too fond on transferring tickets over without a huge fee. So doing my best to keep everything running smoothly until visa is in hand. Thanks for the support, we both are really appreciative of everyone here :)

K1 Visa Timeline

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you just got really lucky. I'm over the 5month mark now :( Not sure what is going on. I think it could have somehing to do with the time of year that you apply my only guess at this point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.