Ailyn n Dave

G-325A, Biographic Information "correction" on the form...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I had mistyped a date on the G-325A form I sent to Ailyn to sign and date. I told her to make the correction, initial and date it the correction thinking it was the wright thing to do.

While going over last minute things for our I-129F K-1 visa, I found a link: http://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips Tips for Filing Forms with USCIS thinking it could be helpful. It was helpful alright and I so wish I had found it before sending Ailyn any documents.

This is what I found:

Complete the Form Completely and Accurately:

• Use the most current form version.
  • When possible, download the form from our website and complete it with a computer.
  • If you hand write your answers, use black ink. Make sure your entries are neat, legible, and within the space provided.
  • We use special scanners to read your forms and documents. The scanners will not properly read information that is greyed out, highlighted or corrected using correction fluid or tape.
  • If you make an error, start over with a clean form.
  • Complete the entire form; all forms have required fields (in the newer forms on our website, they are outlined in red). When these fields are left blank, we will return your form for corrections.

Now, there is NO correction fluid, highlighting or tape used, The "month" she started working was October, I mistyped number 10 and input 01 by accident. Like I told her to do (thinking it was the right thing to do), mark a line through the 01 and write "10" next to it then initial and date her correction under that. Kind of an ISO9000 correcting method use in America.

Just reading USCIS using "special" scanners to scan all submitted document (to pull information off of them quickly I assume).

Quesion is:

1. Will Ailyn's form get rejected with this type of "correction"?

2. If I "retype" the form on the computer inputted PDF form, re-print but leave her signature and date blank on a NEW corrected clean form and "submit" both forms together WITH notations, will this be acceptable?

or

3. Or do I have to get the "newly" corrected form to her for signing and dating?

I am thinking I will have to send Ailyn the newly corrected form to the Philippines to be re-signed and dated. This is the G-325A form we are talking about :(

Dave

Edited by Ailyn n Dave

- Trying to get K-1 visa ready to send out soon for Ailyn and I.

- 04/21/2015 mailed 1-129F visa packet to Dallas Lock bock. will be there tomorrow.

Timeline

Will try this but do not like the idea... For one printing from PDF's to scan distorts forms. I did send Ailyn the PDF file in e-mail to open there in Philippines to print from. Worst case I send her money to send form through LBC in 3 to 5 business days at a 50.00 cost.

I just may have her send the form LBC anyway. Not sure yet...

Dave

- 04/21/2015 mailed 1-129F visa packet to Dallas Lock bock. will be there tomorrow.

Timeline

update,

I re-editted the PDF with the right information and saved it, I e-mailed her the PDF file, had her print it there, sign and date. She then went to LBC to mail it to me, should be here in 3 to 5 business days. I also found on LBC's website an even closer facilty to my my work place just 10 minutes away. This whole time I thought I had near an hour drive if we ever had to use LBC. I then sent her money to pay her back.

I would rather be legit about this and not get RFE just to speed things along. We both decided doing the right thing was better. I feel good about it too :) So we're delayed by 1 week. I can live with that...

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.