Vince Green

Wife changed her mind wants a divorce

14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So guys my student visa was terminated last april, and long story short my wife and I decided to get married in august, in order to start building our lives together and to get my green card, the marriage was not going well too many insecurities even though we are clearly in love we both realized we aren't ready, at this point she told me she is filling for divorce and without my green card and im screwed basically she is being distant and showing little care out of no where. any who here are my questions.

1.If I leave can I come back on a visiting visa?

2. does the government know when exactly you leave a country? because I know if I leave to mexico they have no way of knowing when i left, but is it the same for canada?

3.I have been a student in the u.s since august 2009 does the new Obama immigration law from november apply to me if so when will it be effective?

4. Any advice on how I can come back or possibly stay n the country is welcome, I love this woman she's the love of my life I want to stay here and get her back, I know I have a chance because she never denies that she loves me even now.

Edited by Vince Green

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Sound like you are desperate to stay, aren't you?

You are overstayed more than a year, so you have a 10 year ban now. Forget about visa tourist, it is barely possible even the ban is over.

When you leave, airline will report your departure.

Do you have US baby? By the way, Obama executive order is no go.

You need to leave or stay illegally, it is up to you.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

2. does the government know when exactly you leave a country? because I know if I leave to mexico they have no way of knowing when i left, but is it the same for canada?

3.I have been a student in the u.s since august 2009 does the new Obama immigration law from november apply to me if so when will it be effective?

4. Any advice on how I can come back or possibly stay n the country is welcome, I love this woman she's the love of my life I want to stay here and get her back, I know I have a chance because she never denies that she loves me even now.

1. No

2. Pesky computers, you think you can live in the US without a paper trail

3. There is no new law.

4. Marriage to someone who will file for a GC.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just to expand on number 3 for you... the executive action was stopped by the U.S. Courts and the stay was rejected. Don't expect the executive action, if upheld by the courts, to even come into play for awhile depending on what the 5th Circuit decides.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/02/17/texas-judge-temporarily-stalls-obamas-executive-actions-on-immigration?int=aec60a

Not sure you would qualify anyway.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So guys my student visa was terminated last april, and long story short my wife and I decided to get married in august, in order to start building our lives together and to get my green card, the marriage was not going well too many insecurities even though we are clearly in love we both realized we aren't ready, at this point she told me she is filling for divorce and without my green card and im screwed basically she is being distant and showing little care out of no where. any who here are my questions.

Have you done anything since August to adjust your status? Or are you just married without having filed anything with the government? If it's the later you're out of luck, sorry. Convince her to move there?????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

why was your student visa cancelled?

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So if I leave to mexico and come back and tell them I have been there for a while and im trying to go back into the u.s as a visitor, how will they know I have been here? Are the officers at the airport really going to launch an all out investigation to see if I have been here and when I left? I don't get how because there is absolutely no way of proving when I left to mexico, someone has to have some type of knowledge on this

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

The burden of proof is on you, not them to prove when you left the US. Visiting the US is a privilege, not a right and if the US doesn't want you here they have every right to deny you entry. It is up to you to prove you should be allowed to enter the country.

You are asking for fraud buddy, don't try to cheat US system.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

Okay- heres some free advice.

I urge you to consider it before brushing it off.

Your wife does not want to be married. She stated it was over in very clear terms. Accept this. Do not be a fool in thinking you change someones mind on a topic like this if only they would hear you out. Marriage or knowing when you are ready for it, is not something you need to be persuaded into, or convinced of. Accept the decision she made, as hard as it is. Be an adult and respect it.

Imagine the worst case scenario- which perhaps seems ideal in your pain; you manage your way back and then gravel and beg and even bully (!!) her into a guilt ridden state where she accepts you back. What kind of relationship is that? Sure you love and adore her and she does love you but its surely not held together by love now is it? Bitterness will creep in and it will eventually destroy it.

The old cliche of- if you love someone let them go, and if its meant to be they will come back to you, isnt just a fortune cookie saying. They have to come back willingly, not out of obligation or guilt or because you convinced them to.

----

Now- I understand your situation, and am sympathetic to you. However you posted in clear and simple terms- I am on a visa that has been terminated and I am seeking advice on how I can potentially leave the US with out incurring a ban. IE concealing/altering my date of exit so I can re-enter with out problems.

You have already been advised- and just incase you missed it, I will do it again-

concealing/altering your date of exit is illegal. Period. End of sentence.

According to the TOS on here, no one can advise of how to do such, and in fact even asking such is against the TOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** discussion of illegally altering exit dates and any other illegal immigration activity will cease now. You are free to discuss how to help the Op legally. *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.