progzeon

Multiple Hukou/Booklet - DOB discrepancy

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello, I just want to first say this site is an enormous help with consolidating all the visa related information into one easy to read spot and I thank all the posters for providing their input to help everybody out. That said, I have an issue/question related to the K-1 visa process my fiance will be going through.

I'm just in the beginning stages of putting together the I-129F packet and my fiance is filling out the biographic form(s) G-325A to send back to me but we've already hit a bump/complication. She at one point had multiple booklets and was using them interchangeably. She was born in Yunnan province under one family name and received a booklet there and the DOB year was 1994. However her mother got a divorce and remarried in Jilin province. So she was listed on another booklet in Jilin but with the DOB year being 1996. She has canceled the other older booklet and now just has the Jilin version (she lives there now). She went to school with that one and she also just got a passport using the current booklet as well. The issue (I think) is that she used the older booklet for work before she canceled it.

So my question/issue is for employment history portion she worked in 2010 but according to the booklet/DOB she would be really young to be working and I was wondering if that would throw any red flags or be a problem. Would it be possible to receive any advice for this? I am figuring we can just list the DOB on the current booklet and passport and worrying over nothing?

Thank you again for any help you can provide.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

You would do well to not try to overthink this. If you haven't already, become acquainted with the Chinese Marriage Visa Terms and Definitions pinned thread, located at the top of the regional forum page: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/393969-chinese-marriage-visa-terms-and-definitions/

Does she have any Notarial Certificate (AKA White Book) Birth Certificates prepared from her current family book (hukuo)? If not, she should get several prepared. They will be needed at this time and later on in your immigration journey. It is likely far easier to obtain multiple copies now, than later when she is in the US.

The US consulate will likely not want to review her hukuo, but will want to see the White Book documentation. She should submit legible photocopies of original documents, and bring originals to the visa interview for comparison by the CO. It is likely safe to assume that the key is that all of the info should be consistent as much as possible.

Here is a list of the Packet 3 instructions from the Guangzhou consulate: http://ustraveldocs.com/cn/K1%20Instruction%20DS160%2020140711%28CN%29.pdf

Make sure that she has all of the necessary documents.

You have likely shown some of the potential issues associated with the hukuo system of records. But for many Chinese of this generation, there isn't much else to rely on. I understand that the system may be changing sometime.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh thank you very much for the response. She doesn't have White Book certificates so I will pass that along to her and see if she can get some copies. I figured we worrying a bit much, thank you for assuaging my concerns.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.