Ouryear

DFW POE

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For those who have used DFW as their point of entry, can you please share your experience? How long did the entire process take?

Edited by Ouryear

**************AOS timeline*************************

(L) Married 05/23/2015 (L)

06/25/2015: Filed AOS ( I-131/I-485/I765)

06/29/2015: USCIS Received

07/07/2015: Check Cashed

07/08/2015: NOA1 emails/texts( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/13/2015: NOA1 Hard copies ( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/17/2015: Biometrics notice received

07/29/2015: Biometrics Appointment

09/04/2015: EAD/AP approved/ordered

09/09/2015: EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed

09/12/2015: Combo Card received

10/07/2015: Received NPIW letter

12/03/2015: Green Card Approved! (Card being Produced) :dancing:

12/10/2015: Green Card received in the mail!!!

**************ROC timeline*************************

09/16/2017: Filed Removal of Conditions I-751

09/20/2017: Check cashed

09/22/2017: NOA1 in mail (dated 9/19/17)

10/07/2017: Biometric notice received

10/16/2017: Biometrics Appointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

i always use emirates its technically the only Intl airline that arrives DFW in the morning precisely 9:45 at this time the pasenger crowd is not much and airport officials are just resuming its a small airport i barely spend up to 20mins before i get on my connecting flights.

very sweet airport i strongly recommend

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not sure which airport Doshi is talking about. DFW is the 3rd busiest aiport in the world for flights and 8th busiest for passengers. It covers 30 square miles. It is huge airpoirt. That being said, it is very well organized and easy to find your way around.

Timeline

I'm not sure which airport Doshi is talking about. DFW is the 3rd busiest aiport in the world for flights and 8th busiest for passengers. It covers 30 square miles. It is huge airpoirt. That being said, it is very well organized and easy to find your way around.

can't fault your analysis in terms of size and how "busy" it can be at DFW but when you touchdown at this airport btw 9 and 10am in the morning compared to its next door neighbor in Houston or further down Chicago, NY airports at same time(With Intl flights queing up as early as 6am) you will agree that DFW looks like an elementary school on holidays lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

can't fault your analysis in terms of size and how "busy" it can be at DFW but when you touchdown at this airport btw 9 and 10am in the morning compared to its next door neighbor in Houston or further down Chicago, NY airports at same time(With Intl flights queing up as early as 6am) you will agree that DFW looks like an elementary school on holidays lol

Yes, even though it handles a lot of passengers, I agree it looks like an empty school.

Timeline

Yes, even though it handles a lot of passengers, I agree it looks like an empty school.

the peak of its passengers are from noon till 6:40pm if you want hassle free and wanna meet up business meetings with a one hr connecting after touching down in DFW your best bet is land between 9 and 10am particular emphasis on this time i wont risk scheduling a 1hr connecting flight at this same airport after touching down from 12pm or other POE even if i get to land at 6am.

our emphasis is on Intl flights, passing tru immigration and other procedural checks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband flew in by Emirates and his POE was DFW on April 3, 2015. His flight was scheduled to arrive at 9:57 am. He did arrive at about 10 am. As he walked out of the plane he was told which section he was to check in. He checked in at the immigrant visa section. He waited in a line for about 5 to 10 min. When he got to the first immigration officer he was questioned for approximately 20 min. The officer then gave his documents to another officer and he was asked to wait in a separate room. He waited approximately 15 min and a 2nd officer brought his documenta with his stamp and then showed him where to exit for his luggage. He then picked up his luggage and then came his way to me.

In my timeframe I arrived at the airport at approximately 10 am and I waited for about 1 1/2 hours to see him.

Although, others may experience less or longer time frames this was our experience. My husband reported the immigration officers were very friendly, polite, kind, and welcoming. He was treated very well and the questions were based from his first interview in Lagos and documents provided.

I hope this helps...

Ola and Chelle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience. My Fiancé came flew in yesterday, and he said it was hassle free. The line wasn't too long and he only waited about 5 mins in the second room. He said customs was also a breeze. The whole think took less than 30mins.

He also flew in through Emirates and landed at around 9:30 was done before 10.

Edited by Ouryear

**************AOS timeline*************************

(L) Married 05/23/2015 (L)

06/25/2015: Filed AOS ( I-131/I-485/I765)

06/29/2015: USCIS Received

07/07/2015: Check Cashed

07/08/2015: NOA1 emails/texts( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/13/2015: NOA1 Hard copies ( I-131/I-485/I765)

07/17/2015: Biometrics notice received

07/29/2015: Biometrics Appointment

09/04/2015: EAD/AP approved/ordered

09/09/2015: EAD/AP Combo Card Mailed

09/12/2015: Combo Card received

10/07/2015: Received NPIW letter

12/03/2015: Green Card Approved! (Card being Produced) :dancing:

12/10/2015: Green Card received in the mail!!!

**************ROC timeline*************************

09/16/2017: Filed Removal of Conditions I-751

09/20/2017: Check cashed

09/22/2017: NOA1 in mail (dated 9/19/17)

10/07/2017: Biometric notice received

10/16/2017: Biometrics Appointment

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.