bellebeau

My fiance are not qualified as a petitioner..

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Have a great day everyone. I am Belle from Philippinnes, I have an american fiance and were planning to get marry next month (MAY 2015). We've decided to go on a CR-1 Visa considering it was the only option were qualified for. He is not capable as a petitioner since he dont have a paid job since year 2008. However he has his mom as a petitioner and are qualified enough for the CR-1 co-sponsor. My question is would it be possible to just rely the sponsorship from his mother even if he dont have a paid job presently?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

yes his mother can co - sponser you.

Right now you need to think about i-130 first then once u submit that then work on NVC for AOS and IV. Here is the guide for i-130 http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Your fiance (soon to be husband) is always the petitioner. His mother can be a joint sponsor when you get to that stage if he still isn't employed.

However it's important to think about how you will survive in the USA without either of you having a job. You need a place to live and food, and those things cost money. If a USC is having a hard time finding a job, it's quite possible you will have a hard time as well once you immigrate so don't just count on getting a job right away. If need be you can delay at the NVC stage if either of you don't feel comfortable yet financially.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.