HafsaJawwad

Administrative Processing ISL

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys my fiancé had his interview two weeks ago and got the white slip. My fiancé said the officer said the case looked fine to him but it requires additional administrative processing. I know each case is different so it's hard to predict when it will be resolved. But I'm wondering what experience other people had it they went through AP in Islamabad for K1 visa. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm already getting so stir crazy waiting for this to be resolved and have him home.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Usually months, but some cases can take years.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

:/ this is what I'm afraid of. I feel more miserable every day. Part of me is thinking I should try to visit him again (last time I tried my visit visa was denied) and maybe we should think about getting married there and going CR1 route. It wouldn't be faster but at least I could stay there with him while it's being processed.

Timeline

My husband came here last year on a K1 out of Islamabad. We had planned on a year of AP after the interview, knowing it could be longer and hoping it would be less. He ended up getting his visa less than 2 weeks after interviewing. Unfortunately there's just no way of knowing how long it will take. Like Boiler said, it could be months or years, in general I would say months is most likely, but every case is different.

I had trouble getting a visitor visa to Pakistan. My husband actually got his visa to the US before I could get a tourist visa to Pakistan, which is crazy. You can always try for another tourist visa if you really are considering the CR1 route. If you are denied again you could consider meeting and marrying in Dubai, Malaysia, etc then start the CR1 route. Personally, I would just wait for the K1 to come through as you are so close.

I've got my fingers crossed for you that his AP will be short. Try to stay busy and if he has free time have him get any medical/dental things done there (if he can find good doctor's) to cut down on costs in the US and make his time there go faster. That's the only thing we regret not having more time to do before my hubby came here.

Timeline

My husband came here last year on a K1 out of Islamabad. We had planned on a year of AP after the interview, knowing it could be longer and hoping it would be less. He ended up getting his visa less than 2 weeks after interviewing. Unfortunately there's just no way of knowing how long it will take. Like Boiler said, it could be months or years, in general I would say months is most likely, but every case is different.

I had trouble getting a visitor visa to Pakistan. My husband actually got his visa to the US before I could get a tourist visa to Pakistan, which is crazy. You can always try for another tourist visa if you really are considering the CR1 route. If you are denied again you could consider meeting and marrying in Dubai, Malaysia, etc then start the CR1 route. Personally, I would just wait for the K1 to come through as you are so close.

I've got my fingers crossed for you that his AP will be short. Try to stay busy and if he has free time have him get any medical/dental things done there (if he can find good doctor's) to cut down on costs in the US and make his time there go faster. That's the only thing we regret not having more time to do before my hubby came here.

Im not completely set on CR1 right now but I'm just thinking that if it gets to be months and months, I'd rather be there waiting with him than apart for too long. But I can't stay in Pakistan for over 30 days without getting married (I'm not even sure if it would be easy for me to stay after marriage either)

I know it's only been two weeks but my case hasn't even been touched since the interview. This makes me worried that maybe I'll be stuck in AP.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Im not completely set on CR1 right now but I'm just thinking that if it gets to be months and months, I'd rather be there waiting with him than apart for too long. But I can't stay in Pakistan for over 30 days without getting married (I'm not even sure if it would be easy for me to stay after marriage either)

I know it's only been two weeks but my case hasn't even been touched since the interview. This makes me worried that maybe I'll be stuck in AP.

Have you checked this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/523897-new-islamabad-ap-tracker-part-iii/

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Timeline

Unfortunately this journey requires us all to have a lot of patience so just stick with it and stay strong. As for the visitor visa, why not request a 6 mo visa then get an extension when you get there? I had a friend that went to meet a man she met online and did exactly that. She did end up getting married there, but didn't know that at the time of getting her visa and she had no problems. This was about 7 years ago so things may have changed.

Timeline

Unfortunately this journey requires us all to have a lot of patience so just stick with it and stay strong. As for the visitor visa, why not request a 6 mo visa then get an extension when you get there? I had a friend that went to meet a man she met online and did exactly that. She did end up getting married there, but didn't know that at the time of getting her visa and she had no problems. This was about 7 years ago so things may have changed.

When I went last year I requested a 6 month visit visa and got a visa that was for three months, allowing a single 30 day stay. The second time I applied it was denied. I would try again for visit visa but its kinda up in the air as to what they would decide.

Timeline
Yeah it has me worried a lot. I see people waiting some months and some people waiting many years. It's difficult not knowing how long to be prepared for :/

How have you been though?? How's the processing going for you? I hope you're doing well :)

Timeline

InshaAllah he will get his visa soon don't be worried. What I observed it depends upon individual circumstances I was worried after interview at london embassy they put me in AP but luckily

For 2 days , now status has changed "issued". I feel it depends what you have provided in petition. We provided them everything. So during interview they even didn't ask photos and other proof. I just provided them birth certificate n police certificate and affidavit of support. They asked few questions which I answered correctly . After interview gentleman told me I have been approved and will get my passport back in 2 weeks . But Alhamdulillah its exact 7 days today and I am expecting my passport collection. So it's nothing to do with Muslims or Pakistanis I guess . I think it also depends on petitioner's job and income mentioned on affidavit of support .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are seemingly two types of AP, the nasty one is mainly related to T Countries and then mainly males.

Pakistan seems to hold the records.

Security checks of various types, if you have the same or similar names of people of interest then it will take longer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

And an other plus point in my case was she has visited me 4 times in 9 months .

Yeah boiler is right about the two AP. I'm in the other AP. The background checks and who even knows what. Not the getting your visa and paperwork ready AP. It's been three weeks already and my case hasn't even been updated once.

And it's lucky your fiance could visit multiple times. It makes it a bit easier being so far away. I tried to visit last December but was denied. I'm thinking to apply for another tourist visa and maybe visit before Eid (it's looking more like he would not have the visa by then)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.