MexiCheyenne

DFC I-130 clueless and confused; I-864 (merged).

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am a US citizen married to a Mexican national. The wedding took place in Mexico and we have a child together who was born in Mexico and has his US passport. I have lived in Mexico for about 6 years and we plan on remaining here until the

I-130 request is approved or denied. I am confused about the I-864 form. Will we need to submit this form as we will remain in Mexico until our request is approved and once approved my husband will legally be able to work in the US? I do not work here so I have zero income. We own our home here in Mexico and we live off of my husbands salary. We do not have a savings and our joint account is with a mexican bank. Are we going to need a co-sponsor even though we will remain in Mexico until the application is approved? We welcome any help on this. My brain is fried from reading so much on this whole process. Also any referrals for an immigration lawyer who can do this process for us?

Timeline

I am reading that the sponsor/co-sponsors income needs to be 3 times of 125% of the poverty level for the household size but in other links I see people saying the income needs to simply be more than 125% of the poverty level for the household size and not 3 times that. Which is it?? I cant seem to find that info at the USCIS website.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

This link will give you the information your looking for!..Hope it helps :)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Dominican Republic

Marriage (if applicable): 12/27/2013

I-130 Sent : 2014-05-26

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-09

I-130 Approved : 2014-11-07

NVC Received : 2014-12-30

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-01-16

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-01-20

Receive I-864 Package : 2015-01-16

Send AOS Package : 2015-03-19

Submit DS-261 : 2015-01-16

Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-06

Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06

Sent AOS/IV Package: 2015-03-19

Checklist: 2015-04-15

New Scan Date: 2015-04-17

CC: 2015-05-11

Interview: 2015-06-25

I think the 3x comes into play if the sponsor/co-sponsor is using assets, not income

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Timeline

Do we need to be living at the same address as our co-sponsor? Can we have a co-sponsor who lives in Oregon for example while we live in Florida? If my husband comes over on an I-130.

I am reading that the sponsor/co-sponsors income needs to be 3 times of 125% of the poverty level for the household size but in other links I see people saying the income needs to simply be more than 125% of the poverty level for the household size and not 3 times that. Which is it?? I cant seem to find that info at the USCIS website.

As others have stated, you need to exceed 125% of the poverty guide lines with income. I think what you are getting confused on is that you can use assets to cover the shortfall of your income. For example, to use round numbers, you need $20,000 for a family of 2, but only have $15,000. You are $5,000 short with your income. You can use assets that are readily convertable to cash within a time period of 1 year and have a recent appraisal, but the asset must be worth $15,000 is the person you are sponsoring is your spouse or $25,000 for everybody else. This is 3X for the spouse and 5X for all others.

Dave

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No!! you both don't need to be living at the same state. That's not a requirement.

F-2A Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-07

Priority Date: 2013-08-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-09-07

I-130 Approved : 2013-09-23

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2013-10-24

Pay AOS Bill : 2013-10-24

Send AOS Package : 2013-12-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-04-04

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-03-25

Interview Date : 2015-05-11

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Recieved: 2015-05-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Three posts on similar topics merged; please only post once on an issue/question, and post follow-on questions as a reply to the original thread rather than a new thread; people can help better when all the info is together. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just did this process in Mexico.

Depending on where you live, you can mail your I130 and supporting documents (NOT the I864) to the USCIS office in Mexico City or Juarez. I sent mine to Mexico City with DHL and it was approved within 1 week. Now I am waiting on Ciudad Juarez to contact me so I can make the appointment. I sent in the I30 on March 12 and it was approved March 23.

You will bring (rather your husband will bring) the I864 to his appointment in Ciudad Juarez along with the other documents they ask for. The income just needs to be 125% above the poverty level.

Married December 29, 2012
CRBA for Son April 2014
I-130 Filed in Mexico City March 12, 2015
I-130 approved and transfered to Ciudad Juarez March 23, 2015.
Emailed consulate asking for Status at beginning of April.

April 24, emailed back saying case was ready for interview on March 31.

They emailed us the instructions to make the interview appointment when we were ready.

Interview in July

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.