galephys

Evidence of bona fide marriage if you live apart

17 posts in this topic

Wow it is 2015... Why does 2010 feel not 5 years ago? Lol! I apologize.

Lots of stuff happened to me since 2010, so for me it sure feels long enough :-D

I have no idea where you get 7 months. There are three stages to every spousal visa and only the last is based on country. 1) USCIS 2) NVC 3) Consulate. It takes 4-10 months for the petition. Then 4-6 months or more for the NVC. Then however much time to the interview which varies by country. Until you have your naturalization certificate you cannot upgrade your case and it will be waiting on the priority date to become current.

You will need an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, the beneficiary's birth certificate, any divorce decrees, etc... thankfully the NVC now takes photocopies and the beneficiary takes originals to the interview (except the AOS package.)

Here http://www.visajourney.com/content/timesand here http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/irstats.php for my service center and my country total time is about 10 months, and I saw other's timelines where they completed the case in about 7 months. I am hopefull. I know it may take longer, but I need something to look forward to. )

As I understand it, you live in the US and he lives in Russia, right? Then it's natural that you live apart and you will be going the route where the spouse is still in their home country. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes, thanks. After responses here I calmed down about my evidence but, of course, found more things to worry about :))

My immigration journey

July 2009 - F1 student PhD program

AOS
June 2010 - married USC

August 2010 - sent I-130 and I-485

December 2010 - CGC received.
December 2010 - ex-husband got crazy
May 2011 - separated
November 2012 - divorced!!

I-751 waiver

October 13 - filed I-751 waiver by myself
November 28 - BIO & InfoPass to submit a divorce decree

December 2012 - CGC expires

May 3 2013 - RFE received, asked for a divorce decree (haha) and address clarification + more evidence

July 6 2013 - RFE mailed and received

September 2013 - InfoPass, passport stamped to extend my status

November 2013 - Finally an interview is scheduled
December 12 2013 - Interview. Approved without any questions, passport stamped. Same officer who did my initial interview (I was told "I saw it coming, don't give up on love" :) )

December 27 2013 - Card received, too bad I was overseas

January 2014 US entry, special screening, but admitted instantly once I got to speak to the officer. It's a standard procedure if no valid GC on hand.

July 2015 - MARRIED in Russia

N-400

October 2015 - N-400 sent

February 2016 - interview and test

March 2015: USC!

DCF for my husband

April 2016: InfoPass to file I-130 in Moscow, approved on the same day.

May 2016: DS-260 interview - AP for "dangerous" work field

July 2016: visa issued! 59 days in AP.

May 2018: filed I-751 

June 2018: 18 months extension received

I traveled all over the world in the meantime, no problems with visas and entries, occasionally some explaining and more documents to haul around.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Here http://www.visajourney.com/content/timesand here http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/irstats.php for my service center and my country total time is about 10 months, and I saw other's timelines where they completed the case in about 7 months. I am hopefull. I know it may take longer, but I need something to look forward to. )

The processing time for the I-130 is about right, but the timelines you are looking at are for visas based on marriage to a US citizen. As a LPR it is going to take a lot longer. Looks like currently they are processing cases with a priority date of Aug 2013.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-april-2015.html I honestly thought they were processing similar cases a little quicker.

Once you become a citizen, sometime next year, then you can amend your petition and things will go much more quickly.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.