TRUCHOEH2

Father had his interview and the consular is asking for more info

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: El Salvador
Timeline

So yesterday on April 7th 2015 my father had his visa interview...while there the consular officer ended up asking him for one of two things...1) since my father had asylum back in 85-97 they want proof(i have some of his old permits of that time could that be enough?...or is there anyway i can find a place where i can request that information?)...2) Get a i-601A submit the fees and send it to him for his next interview...question here is...Who do i pay the fees too? if he is going to have to go back on any WED. before 10 a.m....do i send the money to the NVC or send everythiing to him?...and is it true he can just walk in to the consular section any wed before 10 to get his second interview?

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from General Immigrationj to AP/ 601 waiver discussion for better answers ****

What is the i-601A for?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can not think of how an I 601a would be applicable in this situation.

You make it sound like he has an illegal presence ban, when do he leave the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Well he did have an illegal pressence here...and we stated that on the visa application...and once the guy reviewed the app...he asked if he had the i601a and then asked if he had some sort of old residence or proof that he had asylum back in the 80s...he basically gave us the option of getting the i601a or the proof of the asylum and said that was the only thing he needed for the visa to be issued to him

Timeline

When did he leave the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

So he has status until 97, then left in 2012. So he would have a 10 year ban and need a waiver?

That would be an I 601.

Timeline

well we left to el salvador in 97 and came back 99...thats the reason he is in this situation...but ok so the i601 whats the difference between i601a and the i601?...and now my other question was...so who do i send the biometric fees and app fees too? if the case is already at the embassy?

Timeline

How did you come back?

Wonder if they are looking at 9C?

Timeline

well he entered here illegally and im a citizen so i could fly back...

and in 2012 he got arrested over a traffic violation and ended up being that he missed one of his immigration court hearings and his case was closed with us knowing and BAM!!! he is in el salvador now

Timeline

That is what I thought.

9C is a lifetime ban waiverable after 10 years, that is why they want evidence of his earlier status.

As a child you can not file a waiver anyway, would usually be his spouse, who is there that can file a waiver?

Timeline

i mean am over 21 and am the one who filed all his apps for this visa...so i beleive am still eligible to submit his waiver...am i wrong? and so is there a difference between i601a and i601? who do i send the fees to? or should i send em the filled out app and fees?

and where would i find those records of the asylum? i only have his old ID cards that where issued to him

Timeline

You can petition a Parent, you can not file a waiver for a Parent. If we take the best case scenario he has the 10 year ban needing a waiver. The I 601 a is filed in the US before leaving.

Timeline

Parent or sibling here legally?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.