analog12

K-1 Visa Process months approval

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm nervous about sending the package soon and I want to know how long does it take for the petitioner to get approved? My fiancé and I have been in a long distance since last year and she dropped the ball that if I don't get approved in four months, then she'll not continue on with the process..

Love is unconditional. If she can't wait for you. It's time to move on and away from her...life is short and don't be dumb..she's probably using you.I wish you all the best.

Love is the shortest distance between two hearts.”

This is really sad to hear that she said that.

The good news is that you're in California so your petition will get processed there. I just got approved recently in only 15 days, so you just might make your summer deadline. But if she's ready to call it quits if it doesn't happen that fast, you might want to think about what could potentially happen in the future when you guys hit some bumps in your relationship.

My fiance and I have have had some pretty big hiccups with timezone differences. Currently he's in Yemen, which is a crazy place, so sometimes he doesn't have internet, other times no power (he's only been there recently because he was waiting for a visa to get issued) but before that he was in UAE for 3 months visiting his family, which the time difference isn't THAT bad. And before that it was Malaysia because he's studying there, and the time difference there is 13-14 hours. Right now he will wake up at 4 or 5am just to talk to me before I have to go to sleep. It's the little sacrifices that make us truly love our significant others, and as crazy and frustrating, and truly testing this process is, I would never, ever give it up to be with someone else. Ever. :wub:

That being said, I wish you luck on your journey. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me and my wife planned 6 months, and she did not enter the USA until 10 months and 4 days!

This is what you must be prepared for, so many things can go wrong.

And this Ultimatum she has given you, is a "huge red flag".,.,., you must tell her the truth, probably 8-9 months, before everything is done, and interview, and visa received!

Then see what she says???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know why so many people see this as a "huge red flag." She wants him to get started. Very easy to understand that. Everyone here complains that the process takes too long. Can a beneficiary not also want to hurry up to be with her future husband? He said in his first sentence he was nervous about sending the petition. If I was the fiancee I might see THAT as a "huge red flag." Maybe we would do better to just answer the questions asked rather than judge people and give unsolicited relationship advice. There is way too much of that on here.

To the OP: You can look at actual processing times of members here. I have already filtered it to show Japan K-1's by latest interview date:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=Japan&dfile=No&adv=

Edited by Jmalaysia

I don't know why so many people see this as a "huge red flag." She wants him to get started. Very easy to understand that. Everyone here complains that the process takes too long. Can a beneficiary not also want to hurry up to be with her future husband? He said in his first sentence he was nervous about sending the petition. If I was the fiancee I might see THAT as a "huge red flag." Maybe we would do better to just answer the questions asked rather than judge people and give unsolicited relationship advice. There is way too much of that on here.

Thank you for understanding. As I see people saying negative things here, it hurts to see what people think of us. You don't know our relationship, so don't lecture. What Jmalaysia has said please don't judge people. All I wanted is a answer to my question.

Thank you

Thank you for understanding. As I see people saying negative things here, it hurts to see what people think of us. You don't know our relationship, so don't lecture. What Jmalaysia has said please don't judge people. All I wanted is a answer to my question.

Thank you

Don't see it as anyone judging your or giving you a "lecture".

It's actually people being on here long enough to understand how things go.

And not wanting you to waste your time on someone who is so easily willing to give up on you.

It's actually caring for someone you don't know.

No one here can force you to do anything, but remember you're talking to a lot of people who have been there and witnessed the highs and lows and are giving you the hard fact that this will take longer than 4 months.

Don't sell yourself short.

But I wish you luck.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

It just didnt state clear in you're first message if she wanted you to be done with the process in 4 months or starting it up in 4 months.

Filed k1 - 08/20/2015

NOA1 - 08/25/2015

NOA2 - 9/17/2015

NVC Received - 10/14/2015

Send to Amsterdam - 10/16/2015

Amsterdam received - 10/19/2015

Packet 3 in the mail - 10/22/2015

Packet 4 in the mail - 11/3/2015

Medical - 11/23/2015

Interview !!!! - 12/3/2015 Approved !!!

POE - 12/15/2015 (finally)

Wedding 01/15/2016 !!

AOS!

Filed AOS - 03/15/2017

Noa 1 - 03/30/2017

Biometrics - 04/21/2017
RFE - 04/10/2017

Send RFE back - 06/18/2017

RFE Received (status changed) - 06/27/2017

EAD/AP Approved - 09/18/2017

Filed N400 (Naturalization) - 03/24/2024

rsz_waitisover1.jpg.e64ce44221da1246df04d25bf6a04bab.jpg

Thank you

Then you need to explain the situation better because you said "and she dropped the ball that if I don't get approved in four months, then she'll not continue on with the process.." which made it sound like you were with an unreasonable person who made an ultimatum over something you can't control, considering you were together over a year. Explain the timeframe to her and see if she still wants to move forward. The whole process, from k1 to aos etc involves a LOT of waiting. She needs to be patient or this whole process will hurt your relationship.

Edited by iammrsregie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.