Dakine10

South Carolina policeman charged with murder

114 posts in this topic

People are. Yet when they voice the opinion that race has nothing to do with this crime, they are told that they have no place saying that.

that isn't what i said. you can hold that opinion, but you don't decide. when people say, this isn't about race, i don't get that they're sharing an opinion. i get that they'd like to end the conversation.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

And yet, who gets constantly accused of making it about race? I'll wager myself and Janelle combined don't bring it up as much as the folks who are "sick" about talking about it do.

I don't disagree.

What I disagree with is the premise that, as part of the affected community, if a person of colour says that something is racist, then everyone just has to accept it as fact. Just as I disagree with accepting as fact when someone outside of the affected community declares the opposite.

When people are forbidden from making up their own minds, on the contention that someone else is an absolute authority on race simply because of their race, then racism has won. I won't accept that.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't disagree.

What I disagree with is the premise that, as part of the affected community, if a person of colour says that something is racist, then everyone just has to accept it as fact. Just as I disagree with accepting as fact when someone outside of the affected community declares the opposite.

When people are forbidden from making up their own minds, on the contention that someone else is an absolute authority on race simply because of their race, then racism has won. I won't accept that.

I agree with this message.

I don't disagree.

I guess for me, it's the way it's presented here. The narrative is always the same. It's only racist when it's black against white. The other way around? It's almost impossible to prove. Or even worse, we're to blame for out ill treatment.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I guess for me, it's the way it's presented here. The narrative is always the same. It's only racist when it's black against white. The other way around? It's almost impossible to prove. Or even worse, we're to blame for out ill treatment.

Not everyone here feels that way marvo

Why do you dislike white people so much? : devil:

You continue to say it was all about race and you continue to offer the reason "because". That argument generally only works on first graders.

Does not! Does not! If you say it again, I'm telling. Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Not everyone here feels that way marvo

I'm just sick and tired of having to be the best I can, only to be reduced to black thug if I ever get into an altercation with the police. It's not just here, there's an overwhelming belief that we're all cop killers. Even this 50 year old man is called a thug...

Why do you dislike white people so much? : devil:

Does not! Does not! If you say it again, I'm telling.

Why is your name Spooky? Isn't that racist? Reported :rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I'm just sick and tired of having to be the best I can, only to be reduced to black thug if I ever get into an altercation with the police. It's not just here, there's an overwhelming belief that we're all cop killers. Even this 50 year old man is called a thug...

Why is your name Spooky? Isn't that racist? Reported :rofl:

I'm white, so it isn't racist.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Apparently, only white people here can determine what's racist and what's not. Because when you and the motley crew go in on Jesse or Al or some other random black person and talk about the black community, it's not us who's obsessed about race.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-charged-with-murder/index.html

I guess all those black folks protesting are wrong.

But since you say this happens to everyone, why don't you post some links from this week? You know, since white people get gunned down by police all the time, as you put it.

So I am limited to this week only ? No matter I have posted many examples before.

I guess you win. No national headlines of white man shot by cop this week.

I guess you narrowed the scope so tight you had to win. LMAO

So I am limited to this week only ? No matter I have posted many examples before.

no national headlines but it happened here last friday..make you feel better?

http://www.winchester.daily-monitor.com/state-police-investigate-officer-involved-shooting-in-frederick-county/21477/

How bout the last two weeks? Or the last month, since white men and women are gunned down by cops so much, it shouldn't be a problem for you. And while you're at it, still waiting on that celebrity who has to trade in their car for a Prius. You know, since cops profile everyone...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

http://www.winchester.daily-monitor.com/state-police-investigate-officer-involved-shooting-in-frederick-county/21477/

Are you sure he was white? The article doesn't mention race. Oh, that's right, race is only mentioned if it involves a non white.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Much thank you. Of course he was white so it would not be a big deal

How bout the last two weeks? Or the last month, since white men and women are gunned down by cops so much, it shouldn't be a problem for you. And while you're at it, still waiting on that celebrity who has to trade in their car for a Prius. You know, since cops profile everyone...

Whats wrong with a Prius. I sell the dog doo out of them. Number 1 Prius seller at my dealership

Our top salesman is a blackman. Drives a bently and a vette. oddly enough never has an issue with the police. How is this possible ?

Are you sure he was white? The article doesn't mention race. Oh, that's right, race is only mentioned if it involves a non white.

Dude his name was ", Christopher A. Prevatt,"

I mean I ain't sterotyping but I give you 400-1 odds he was not black

Of course he was white so it would not be a big deal

it's not a big deal to you? these stories in general are getting more attention.

looked white to me, but maybe not. i don't think the original article published by the local sc paper mentioned race either.