Dakine10

South Carolina policeman charged with murder

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Ultimately, I believe that race in this case, in my opinion, is irrelevant, as is the reason why he ran.

The (ex) policeman murdered the victim and planted evidence on his body, in an effort to evade justice. This isn't a case of poor training, or poor judgement. This is a case of someone completely unsuited to be an LEO, lacking in the ethical and moral compass required by people in that position.

Fortunately for the rest of society, the whole episode was caught on camera. There's little room for doubt here. Murder is the correct charge and justice will be done.

Moreover, body cameras will soon be in widespread use and should soon be universally accepted as part of an LEOs equipment.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

But they're still lower than they would be if you didn't have as much melanin.

And you know this. I get worried every time I'm involved in anything that has a police presence, even when I've done nothing wrong.

I do see this being dragged out. I have no hope the right thing will be done. Unfortunately, the justice system rarely works in favor of minorities.

Have to have hope, it's all we have left...

I'm glad we got the entire picture on this one. No doubt here. This man was murdered, straight up.

Trust and believe, there's still a chance this guy might just get fired and that's all. I've seen too many cops gun down innocent black men/boys and not only do they get away with it, the murder victim is blamed for their own death.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Police brutality do not happen to minorities. I am shocked you would say anything like this. Especially after that White Indian guy from India was walking down the street in his son's neighborhood and got body slammed and pinned, with a big fat boot in the back that said "Welcome to American, don't over stay your tourist visa."

Yea right. This will drag out. His shoe kicked dirt in the officer's face while running, this constitutes as ASSAULT

This was about a police officer committing murder. It was refreshing this Am, when I was watching the video with some black friends at work, and they immediately said. "Why does it have to be a black man, what does that have to do with the story". It was refreshing that the immediate trying to play the race card offended them also.

Police brutality cuts across all racial groups, and I have posted many examples here of such abuse. It is tiring that the media and race baiters try to use it to fan excitement.

Thank you for the kind words. But this is a reality for most black people in America. It's bad enough that we as a people have to be beyond reproach just to be considered somewhat equal. What's worse, we're told that we have to adapt by sacrificing things people have worked their entire lives to obtain just so the cops will leave you alone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/02/iisaiah-washington-chris-rock-racial-profiling-tweet-criticism_n_6993456.html

It's a damn shame that a black man, who worked hard to achieve wealth, has to buy a Prius in order to for him to not be profiled by the police

No no. You have to use the proper terms Janelle. It's thugs. That's the new word this season. We're all thugs. This 50 year old man was a thug. :rolleyes:

He had a Prius? Now I am outraged

I am truly glad the person who videoed this had the guts and courage to turn this video in. This is what a real human being with real feelings would do. Bravo to this individual for not letting race play a decision on whether or not to submit this video. This person could have always thought since the guy was black he deserved to be gunned down in this manner.

There are only 2 people in this thread making it about race. The rest of us are just outraged a police officer murdered a man

This was about a police officer committing murder. It was refreshing this Am, when I was watching the video with some black friends at work, and they immediately said. "Why does it have to be a black man, what does that have to do with the story". It was refreshing that the immediate trying to play the race card offended them also.

Police brutality cuts across all racial groups, and I have posted many examples here of such abuse. It is tiring that the media and race baiters try to use it to fan excitement.

I hate it when I have to think it is about race too.

I just don't see him gunning down anyone else like this.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/08/police-shootings-ferguson-race-data

For the cheap seats in the back:

The CDC's cause-of-death data, based on death certificates collected at the state level, also reveals a profound racial disparity among the victims of police shootings. Between 1968 and 2011, black people were between two to eight times more likely to die at the hands of law enforcement than whites. Annually, over those 40 years, a black person was on average 4.2 times as likely to get shot and killed by a cop than a white person.

And why is this refreshing? Because a few black people agreed with you? I keep forgetting you operate on that racism logic. If thousands of black people think it's racist, it can't be because a few don't think so.

He had a Prius? Now I am outraged

There are only 2 people in this thread making it about race. The rest of us are just outraged a police officer murdered a man

Because those two people know what it's like. Tell you what, let's make it fair. Find me a white celebrity that gets pulled over with the same frequency as Chris Rock. And find me the person who tells that person to buy a Prius so they can "adapt".

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

i love it when white people think they get to decide if something is about race or not.

Apparently, as a black person, myself and Janelle can't talk about race. But in that thread about the heart recipient, who was making it about race and fanning the flames?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Apparently, as a black person, myself and Janelle can't talk about race. But in that thread about the heart recipient, who was making it about race and fanning the flames?

They flamed it with plenty of slippery Jergens.

Timeline

Rather, just because you do doesn't necessarily make it so. :no:

2011-11-15.garfield.png

i love it when white people think they get to decide if something is about race or not.

Becuse only black people have a right to comment on race. SMH

Because the heart case was about race

So tel me.. Be specific.. What about this case gives you even the smallest hint that it was about race ? Becuse you want it to be, is not an answer

Becuse only black people have a right to comment on race. SMH

Because the heart case was about race

So tel me.. Be specific.. What about this case gives you even the smallest hint that it was about race ? Becuse you want it to be, is not an answer

Apparently, only white people here can determine what's racist and what's not. Because when you and the motley crew go in on Jesse or Al or some other random black person and talk about the black community, it's not us who's obsessed about race.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-charged-with-murder/index.html

I guess all those black folks protesting are wrong.

But since you say this happens to everyone, why don't you post some links from this week? You know, since white people get gunned down by police all the time, as you put it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Rather, just because you do doesn't necessarily make it so. :no:

And yet, who gets constantly accused of making it about race? I'll wager myself and Janelle combined don't bring it up as much as the folks who are "sick" about talking about it do.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

i didn't say comment, i said decide. all races should be talking about it, actually.

People are. Yet when they voice the opinion that race has nothing to do with this crime, they are told that they have no place saying that.

2011-11-15.garfield.png