13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will be submitting already for AOS. got my SSN with "Valid for Work Only with DHS Authorization". Do I need to fill up form I-765 and send together with the AOS Package? or do I send the AOS Package alone and when my status is adjusted , I will recieve my Employement Authorization card?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will be submitting already for AOS. got my SSN with "Valid for Work Only with DHS Authorization". Do I need to fill up form I-765 and send together with the AOS Package? or do I send the AOS Package alone and when my status is adjusted , I will recieve my Employement Authorization card?

Won't get the EAD if you don't apply for it, so if you want the work card complete the I-765

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Phil. Regional Forum to Fam.-based AOS Forum~

~Inquiry about AOS-related processes, not country-specific~

(mod hat off)

Please read the VJ K1/K3 AOS guide and the USCIS AOS webpage for information:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

what about for the reentry? do i still have to pay or is it covered already by the payment for AOS?

It's free if you file all three forms at the same time in one package. Here is all the information you will need. Return and ask questions.

http://www.uscis.gov...justment-status

http://www.uscis.gov/i-131

http://www.uscis.gov/i-765

Be careful with the guides here, some have not been updated to reflect what is directly related to the K-1 from Phil to USA.

(I don't own a Mod Hat)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

You will not get an EAD unless you apply for it. You will also not get an EAD if you have already adjusted status and are a permanent resident. The EAD is a temporary work authorization card until you become an LPR. If you don't apply, you won't get it.

The I-765 and I-131 are both free if you apply with AOS.

Be careful with the guides here, some have not been updated to reflect what is directly related to the K-1 from Phil to USA.

Umm, what? The AOS process is the same.

What is different about the AOS process for those from the Philippines?

There is nothing different. I've done the AOS process from two different countries and they are both done exactly the same.

I m about to renew my EAD I didn't not apply for I-131/AP earlier can I apply for it now? Thanks

Yes. Include a copy of the NOA1 from your AOS application to waive the fees.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

What is different about the AOS process for those from the Philippines?

You will not get an EAD unless you apply for it. You will also not get an EAD if you have already adjusted status and are a permanent resident. The EAD is a temporary work authorization card until you become an LPR. If you don't apply, you won't get it.

The I-765 and I-131 are both free if you apply with AOS.

Umm, what? The AOS process is the same.

There is nothing different. I've done the AOS process from two different countries and they are both done exactly the same.

Yes. Include a copy of the NOA1 from your AOS application to waive the fees.

I didn't state that the AOS process was different, I stated, and I will quote "directly related to the K-1 from Phil to USA". No where did I say AOS was different. Just a heads up to OP and others who are reading that the guides are not always update with the most current information. That's been my experience. So "buyer beware" that's all I am saying.

I'd much rather send the OP to the US government website for the latest information that way they can see VJ guide and the information supplied by the US Govt.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

hi I know this is asked a lot of times but i'm still confuse do I still need to see a civil surgeon to file my aos? in my vaccine sheet it has tdap,mmr,varicella or should I just send a copy of what SLEC gave me? hoping for your response and thank you in advance

hi I know this is asked a lot of times but i'm still confuse do I still need to see a civil surgeon to file my aos? in my vaccine sheet it has tdap,mmr,varicella or should I just send a copy of what SLEC gave me? hoping for your response and thank you in advance

You do not need the medical exam tests repeated. If your medical was done within a year of filing for AOS (SLEC Philippines meets these qualification), that is all you need. No full, part of an exam is necessary once you arrive in the USA nor any tests. BUT, your vaccinations need to be complete. If they are proceed with your AOS and submit the following with your DS-3025 paperwork. If you have not had all your vaccinations then they need to be completed and transposed by a CS to the first page of the form I-693. For further clarification and help see the AOS guide located her in VJ.

You can use the I-693 instructions, Page 5 #3 > http://tinyurl.com/qxjbg3b

The I-485 instructions, Page 4 #7 C. > http://tinyurl.com/p5ztb7n

And this Q&A from a USCIS civil surgeon seminar, Page 15, Q&A #57 > http://tinyurl.com/k6rt66o

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I didn't state that the AOS process was different, I stated, and I will quote "directly related to the K-1 from Phil to USA". No where did I say AOS was different. Just a heads up to OP and others who are reading that the guides are not always update with the most current information. That's been my experience. So "buyer beware" that's all I am saying.

I'd much rather send the OP to the US government website for the latest information that way they can see VJ guide and the information supplied by the US Govt.

Since you were replying to a question about filing for AOS, and providing links that pertained to the forms for, and filing of AOS, it would be more than reasonable to assume you were speaking of AOS.

Everyone should read the form instructions from the USCIS for every single form they need to file. That is a given.

What guides are out of date here on VJ, and how does that pertain to being 'directly related to the K-1 from Phil to USA'? If the guides are in need of being updated, this can be asked to be taken care of by Ewok.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.