MarcoPogo

St. Luke's Med Exam

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anybody tell me what to expect from The med exam?

How long until we have the report?

What if we don't want to wait in Luzon for it?

Do they tell you if they found a problem?

Is it necessary to bring shot records even tho that will be covered in U.S. upon arrival

What happens after I have my medical examination?

SLMCEC will release the medical exam results directly to you unless instructed otherwise by the Panel Physician. The chest x-ray film and immunization form will also be given at the releasing section.

You are required to bring the sealed medical report to your scheduled interview at the U.S. Embassy Manila. Tampered pouches will not be accepted in the interview and applicants will be instructed to return the pouch to SLMCEC for reseal.

The medical examination usually takes two to three working days to process, but can extend up to a few months if there are required tests that need to be completed.

Is it necessary to bring shot records even tho that will be covered in U.S. upon arrival

Hi MarcoPogo,

The med exam from St Luke's usually takes a whole day or 2 depending on your examination results. Like on my case, I went at St Luke's around 7am and finished 3 pm that day then I went back the other day for my immunization shot and PE exam. Others can wait until 7 pm that's what I heard.

The results will be released at that day you finished all the med exam ( if the results are normal) which includes your immunizations and CD xray.

If you don't want to wait in Luzon for it, I suggest you should wait in order to have peace of mind and that you can get the immunization form at xray CD right away. You could also ask St Luke's and inform them right away if you want it to be delivered at your address.

I think they would tell you if they found a problem. I had a company that time of my examination too and since they found some problems on her xray results, she was advised to take sputum exam. I know they will tell you.

I did not bring any shot records but it's also better to bring since the doctor who will do the Physical exam for you will ask that as well.

Try to eat heavy breakfast first before going to St. Lukes.

Regards,

Marie

710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you Marie for a very complete response.

If you don't mind, what is a CD? PE Exam?

So you had shots there? What did that cost. I have to send Ana enough money to cover that.

I'm waiting for the med results before I book the interview so we can pack up right away.

Also, LOL, I'm wondering about the exit interview (orientation) Can she get that quickly after the interview? I am allocating 30 days as usual.

Again, thank you so much

Mark

Thank you Marie for a very complete response.

If you don't mind, what is a CD? PE Exam?

So you had shots there? What did that cost. I have to send Ana enough money to cover that.

I'm waiting for the med results before I book the interview so we can pack up right away.

Also, LOL, I'm wondering about the exit interview (orientation) Can she get that quickly after the interview? I am allocating 30 days as usual.

Again, thank you so much

Mark

Hi Mark,

You're welcome. Glad to help you guys.

The CD is the xray result of your fiance. She will bring this here in the US. The Physical Exam (P.E.) is covered on the Medical examination at St. Luke's. It's the final step wherein the Physician will have a complete body examination on your fiance. On my case, the doctor just asked about my medical history, past medical history, immunization history, but there's also Internal Examination done but it will just take 15 mins to 20 minutes. The shots were covered on the payment that we made at St. Luke's so there's no additional cost. The panel doctors will decide what immunization shots will give your fiance on that examination. I was given MMR then I just had flu shots here in the US.

Regarding the exit interview, do you mean the one on CFO Seminar? It's just half day then she will be given a certificate as well her passport will have a CFO sticker. You can have that even before the interview just go to the CFO website and get a schedule. Here is the link of the website - http://gcp-appointment.cfo.gov.ph/. :)

Regards,

Marie

Edited by sweetmarie01
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
ROC
3/19/18 - Case approved
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - NOA date

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Thank you. You have made us both very happy tonight.

God bless your marriage.

Mark

You're welcome Mark. You too, God bless you both at the process. If I made it here, your fiance can too. :)

Regards,

Marie

01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
ROC
3/19/18 - Case approved
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - NOA date

You can find a lot of useful information including for SLEC and CFO in my link found in my signature below next to the twisting arrow.

What happens after I have my medical examination?

SLMCEC will release the medical exam results directly to you unless instructed otherwise by the Panel Physician. The chest x-ray film and immunization form will also be given at the releasing section.

You are required to bring the sealed medical report to your scheduled interview at the U.S. Embassy Manila. Tampered pouches will not be accepted in the interview and applicants will be instructed to return the pouch to SLMCEC for reseal.

The medical examination usually takes two to three working days to process, but can extend up to a few months if there are required tests that need to be completed.

You can find a lot of useful information including for SLEC and CFO in my link found in my signature below next to the twisting arrow.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hear you, I can only take a little of Manila.

I have made like 15 trips to Philippines and last year I decided to stay in Manila and Playboy for a while. I was amazed at how many people feel no shame to come up to you and ask for money. I had 3 seperate guys come up to me in the mall and say "Hey I work in hotel you are staying in, Today is my sons birthday, he is 4 years old, can you help me out with some money to buy him a birthday cake"

Taxi Drivers are the worst there and I got out the taxi many times due to them trying overcharge or take an extremely long route to get certain destination.

Other than that I did find two bars that were fun. Cowboy Grill in Ermita and Paddi Point (it was ok). I was there for Holy week last year and spent about 10 days there, it was pretty good, weather was awesome. I also would end up almost each night at a Video K Bar and that was fun, I think it was unlimited beer for 400 peso I would get there around 1am and it closed like 3am.......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The medical exam in Manila at St. Luke's is one of the few where the initial fee covers the whole deal. Many clinics around the world do the exam and then charge per vaccine or charge for treatment if they find things like TB. St. Luke's, as one of the few that does not, is a bargain.

What they examine is mostly dictated by the US Center for Disease Control, so the doctors have little or no discretion to decide that certain things are unnecessary and then skip them. So let them do what they want, and it will be done in short order. The only time you get stuck with a needle is for the blood test and for the vaccines, and they don't hurt. Trust me on this because I have cancer and have been stuck with hundreds of needles over the past three years. Blood draw and injection needles are so small that you barely notice them, let alone feel pain.

The only person who will ask you to undress is the actual doctor, and it will be in a private room with a doctor of the same gender as you. This again is a unique feature of St. Luke's, as most clinics around the world do not go nearly as far as they to do protect your privacy.

Do yourself a favor and wear easy clothes to change in and out of to make this step go easier and faster. You will not impress anybody one iota by wearing nice clothes, so jeans and tee shirt or shorts and tee shirt are just fine.

The exam should take two days, but if you time it really well you might be out of there in one day.

Most people pass the test, despite the stories you read here. These stories may make it look like a lot of people fail, but what is actually happening is that most of the people who fail are the ones who post. Most successes never post anything here.

Edited by Al422

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The medical exam at St. Luke's is normally a two day process, if there are no issues you will receive your vaccinations on the 2nd day and you many times a seals envelope with your medical file to delivery to the embassy at your interview.

For details on the complete process follow the flashing arrow below in my signature.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.