3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I am at the step where I have to AOS. I am applying for my spouse who lives in Pakistan. I do not income in my income tax, I am a student in my final year of becoming a Computer Scientist at a good university and will be getting a good job after I am done graduating (in a few months...). I have a friend who agrees to be the joint-sponsor and he makes very well money to show that he can support. I want to make sure a few things regarding this:

1. Can a friend of mine become the joint-sponsor?
2. Do we both fill I-864 only and no other documents?
3. What do I need from him?
4. Can I write a separate letter stating something like I am most likely to get a job as soon as I graduate?

5. And I am not completely sure, do I or my friend need to fill I-864A?

6. And if I need to know anything else, please tell me.

Please If you know, enlighten me and I know that some of this info can be found in the Gov's website but I want to know from you fellows too (please don't mind, as this is a very frustrating and a heart throbbing situation for me and my spouse).

Thanks very much.

Sincerely

Edited by saslam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes a friend can be a joint sponsor

Sending a stating letter that you will "most likely" get a job soon won't do any good. There is no guarantee when you will find a job.

Follow the guides at the top of the page regarding joint sponsorship.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You should get a VERIFICATION OF NON FILING letter from IRS for the year 2013 as they won't be issuing this letter for the year 2014 until june 15.

That would be considered as legimite document .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.