av8or1

CRBA form question

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....well, I was going more with what was said:

...to determine where you have lived in the US for at least 5 aggregate years before your child is born...

So with that in mind, I am only counting where I was living, not whether or not I was physically present in the US while I was on a vacation. Wherever I was, my place of residence was STILL within the USA. As I mentioned in my email to the embassy, I don't even have my old passport any longer and that had many of the "stamps" that showed when I exited and then re-entered. My current passport has those, but I'm not gonna focus on that. He said "where you have lived in the US", which to me means where was my residence. So I'm listing those.

I think I'll leave it at that and then call the embassy and ask when I am in Moscow, but prior to actually attending the CRBA interview of course.

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....well, I was going more with what was said:

So with that in mind, I am only counting where I was living, not whether or not I was physically present in the US while I was on a vacation. Wherever I was, my place of residence was STILL within the USA. As I mentioned in my email to the embassy, I don't even have my old passport any longer and that had many of the "stamps" that showed when I exited and then re-entered. My current passport has those, but I'm not gonna focus on that. He said "where you have lived in the US", which to me means where was my residence. So I'm listing those.

I think I'll leave it at that and then call the embassy and ask when I am in Moscow, but prior to actually attending the CRBA interview of course.

av8or1 - Have your filed your CRBA yet? I too am struggling with question #24. Our situation is the same, I have lived in US my entire life, actually the same City and State but just different addresses, but have traveled outside the US many times for vacations,

If you filed, how did you end up having to complete this question? I sure as hell hope I don't have to go back 35 years and back fill all of the entry and exits into the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

av8or1 - Have your filed your CRBA yet? I too am struggling with question #24. Our situation is the same, I have lived in US my entire life, actually the same City and State but just different addresses, but have traveled outside the US many times for vacations,

If you filed, how did you end up having to complete this question? I sure as hell hope I don't have to go back 35 years and back fill all of the entry and exits into the US.

Yeah, sorry for the lack of an update. After the CRBA, I began struggling like hell with the embassy in Moscow to get Elena's fiance visa interview stuff completed. They were slow as hell and difficult to work with, but don't get me started. Anyway...

The answer I received from the embassy stated that the sole purpose of that question was to establish that the applicant has a 5 year aggregate history of living inside the USA. Anything beyond that they don't really need. And so I just filled it in with the information that I had, which was the entry/exit stamps (dates) in my new passport. I didn't even bother with the old trips that were in the old passport. Which is to say that I just listed the cities that I have lived in since I was born. Hell, I met the requirement in the first line where it showed that I lived in the USA for the first 30-some odd years of my life.

Anyway, hope you get the point. Good luck with it.

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.