edavis12

K2 needs i-766??

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Me my finance and her daughter went to the social security office this morning. My k1 fiancé received her social and the daughter k-2 was not able to receive they said she needs a I-766 form to be able to receive a social. Is this the green card she will get after the AOS and work employment form??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

K-2 visa holder needs (pick 1)

1. EAD card or

2. green card.

to chase an EAD card, the application fee for it is waved when the I-765 form is filed concurrently with the I-485, and usually will arrive before the green card, within 90 days about submitting the AOS set into USCIS.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

a k-2? usually an EAD card is unchaseabe by a K-2, so a question of 'how long re: I-94' is useless question, the Venn Diagram doesn't contain any mix of areas. Here's the dead spot: 1] I-94 duration good for 90 days and 2]EAD application , when filed alone and the fee paid, needs 90 days to process before card is issued, has expiration date of the last day for the I-94.

To get an EAD, include the EAD in the Adjustment of Status application for the K-2 visa holder. Suggest to do this for the K-1 visa holder as well, that person can start working after receiving it, without waiting on the green card.

It's a bigger thing, to file for adjustment of status - I hope you are thinking of this, instead of just what is needed for a SSN for a K-2. Sure, the SSN is chaseable, but must file AoS first. Most newly wedded couples file AOS after marriage, for both the K-1 and K-2 visa holders, concurrently.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Believe me I am trying to get everything done and trying to think of everything but its tough. I am going to file both at the same time to avoid the two fees of 365.00 for work verification. So I get the priveledge of paying 2140.00 which is the 1070.00 for both. We are marrying at 60 days then planning on filing immediately. IF there is anything else you can respond to help would greatly be appreciated.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yep, $2140 ($1070@) that sounds about the correct amount I had to write to USCIS for my family's AOS processes back in 2012. It is what it is, welcome to the party. B-) Thankfully the prices haven't gone up. :yes: My wife and stepson concurrently filed for I-485/I-765/I-131, check our timeline for processing times. Upon receipt of his EAD/AP combo card, we took my stepson to the local SSA office, filled out a SSA-5 application, he received his SSN card in a couple of weeks.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

IF there is anything else you can respond to help would greatly be appreciated.[/i]

nope. Not me. Everything you need is actually in the Guides section here, please study from a pc solely.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

why the K1 only needs the i94 to get a social security card and the 6yr old K2 needs an i-766 is ridiculous in my opinion. Why can't the government just be consistent, oh I know that would be asking WAY too much lol

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

why the K1 only needs the i94 to get a social security card and the 6yr old K2 needs an i-766 is ridiculous in my opinion. Why can't the government just be consistent, oh I know that would be asking WAY too much lol

unfortunately, a majority of K-1 visa holders coming from the PI only use a handphone to post here, rarely getting on a PC to read the guides or use the advanced search tool.

Sorry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.