MSF

Not listing child on I-129f

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance in Philippines has child that will not be going with her to US, due to misguided advice we did not include the child in the initial I-129f petition.

Our petition has been approved and made its way to NVC.

We are looking for advice on what course of action to take. I know we should list the child on all DS forms for the embassy. I found that few countries embassy websites specifically point out that in case of child omission, petitioner needs to write a letter stating that he/she knows about existence of the child despite no mention of one in the initial petition. This letter should be presented if questions about child arise. We did not find similar statements on the Manilla Embassy page.

We will contact the embassy next week, but any advice or shared experience, will be appreciated. As general guidance - child is less that 16 years old.

Thank you.

Edited by MSF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Never going?.....or just not now. Either way you need to write a letter and tell them about it, honestly is always the best policy. If it were I would have explained it the way you did here and just said you were misguided and misunderstood, though the papers you filled are clear the child should be annotated.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance in Philippines has child that will not be going with her to US, due to misguided advice we did not include the child in the initial I-129f petition.

Our petition has been approved and made its way to NVC.

We are looking for advice on what course of action to take. I know we should list the child on all DS forms for the embassy. I found that few countries embassy websites specifically point out that in case of child omission, petitioner needs to write a letter stating that he/she knows about existence of the child despite no mention of one in the initial petition. This letter should be presented if questions about child arise. We did not find similar statements on the Manilla Embassy page.

We will contact the embassy next week, but any advice or shared experience, will be appreciated. As general guidance - child is less that 16 years old.

Thank you.

No harm in having a letter stating as you explained in your posting ready for the CO should the question arise.

Will the child be coming to the USA eventually?

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/5/2015 at 9:20 PM, MSF said:

Child will not be going to US now or in the future, this was main reason for the omission.

How did this turn out for you?  I'm in a similar position where I omitted a child because there is no plan for him to ever come to the US.  My fiancee even turned over his legal guardian status to his grandmother because he's been living with her ever since he was a baby.  Could you please let me know what you did to resolve the problem (i.e. writing a letter for CO)?  I appreciate your help!

AOS Process:

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  January 24, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  January 26, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date:  February 5, 2018

I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: February 9, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment Letter Arrival: February 16, 2018

I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: February 28, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: August 1, 2018

I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: August 7, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: September 11, 2018

I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: September 11, 2018 (Approval at interview)

Green Cards Receive Date: September 18, 2018

ROC Process:

I-751 Package Mailed: July 8, 2020

I-751 Package Received: July 10, 2020

I-751 Text Receipt Notification: July 18, 2020

I-751 NOA1 for K1/K2 Received in Mail: August 1, 2020

I-512 Biometrics Letters for K1 & K2 Received (Appointments Waived): October 18, 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~This is a two year old thread and the OP hasn't been on in over 6 months. Please start your own thread rather then bringing up old ones.~~

~~Locked to further comments~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.