robertk

I-130 Required original documents

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife and I seem to be moving quickly through the process.

Our USCIS approval was Dec 16 and our original supporting documents were forwarded and received by the NVC 2 weeks later.

We made the two payment and sent the required documents for this part.

I made an inquiry as to whether the NVC had received our original documents from the USCIS. Those documents included our birth and marriage certificates and photos.

The NVC confirmed that they do have those documents in our file but they stated that we also need to send another original set.

I'm afraid that this will significantly delay our case. Why can't they simply use what they have and make copies if necessary......?

Any suggestions?

Did you specifically ask if they had your original birth and marriage certificates or did you just ask for documents? What photos are you referring to?

If you sent your originals with the I-130 it is suggested that you obtain certified copies (copies from the original issuer) of the documents. You'd then send a photocopy of those documents to the NVC and bring the certified copies to the interview.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

We sent the originals to the USCIS. They then forwarded them to the NVC.

The NVC has the only originals.... birth and marriage certificates and photos of us together.

The NVC replied to my written inquiry confirming that they have the documents (I inquired because my phone calls to their customer service said they had not received them).

After confirming possession of these documents the letter from the NVC says, "The NVC requires that copies of civil documents be submitted to NVC even if copies were already submitted to the USCIS."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

AS far as I know you do not need to send originals, you need to resend (along with your AOS and beneficiary package) copies of all the required documents (For the Beneficiary pack: birth and marriage certificate), even if you sent them to USCIS before

So basically, send copies to the NVC again, not originals and keep those originals to bring with you to the interview.

Did you make a copy of your entire packet that you sent to the lockbox originally so that you had a copy of what was sent?

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

No E&K, I don't have a my own copy. But I know what I sent. And they confirmed that they have the supporting docs and our original civil docs.

They have our originals so I don't know why they simply can't make a copy there. It seems I now need to order new originals, make copies and send those to them.

You can't fight the rules. Your only option is to order new certified copies, make copies of those and then bring the original certified copies to the interview. We made an exact duplicate of our I-130 packet including the binder. That's neither here nor there for you now. I'm sorry but you only have the one option now.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

As we learned early in the process almost five years ago -- just follow the directions even if they don't always make sense !!

Any energy spent trying to bend the rules or "logic" your way around something that seems silly like sending copies of things they already have is just wasted energy that could be better spent going to a movie or a nice dinner. Really !!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Until you get those documents to the NVC. Your case will be on hold, once they receive your documents. You will a 60 day wait. You should send it next day delivery. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.